I can't wait till this fall

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by south_va_fisherman, Jun 22, 2007.

1. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    Been scouting our land and this up coming season looks REALLLL promising. We have a developing 12 pointer:eek:oooh:, 10 pointer, and countless 8s and 6s. most have good mass already, its been real interesting watching them develop. I can wait to get in the stand. the guy down the road said he saw a 15 point on this land last season but it was out of range of his 12 gauge buckshot. must be true-big bucks live dixie:cool2:

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    amen brother, its gettin bad lol i already started getting my stuff together and season isnt till september..... it happens every year.... best of luck to ya

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I cant wait either, though all ive seen this year are does.

4. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel the same way...........looked at a house yesterday w/ 23 acres of prime hunting land and a lake. It was an old reclaimed strip job from the 40's and the tops were nipped off every jewel weed plant that I saw. We put in an offer and I really hope they accept........its awesome

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have been seeing a ton of whitetails and mulies. all this rain looks like it's been doin them some good.

6. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Man jordan you are right all this rain has really help them grow this year. Cant wait been getting my hunting stuff all cleaned up and ready to go.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I found a sweet spot while turkey hunting on public land. knowing my luck so will half the county! Good luck this fall and dont forget to take yer camera with you!

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If it's alright with you guys, I think I'm gonna start early. Had 40 of 'em in my yard this winter. February got bad here and they yarded up. Unfortunately my yard LOL. They proceeded to eat a $1,000 bucks of newly planted evergreens and did considerable damage to established stuff. Now have them at my horses salt block in the barnlot at 100 yards from my bedroom window. Think I'll pull a square bale into the barn doorway and do a little "practice" when the weather gets a little colder. I stepped that shot off it's 30 feet. Should be able to kill 'em with a BB gun. I don't even think the Game Dick can get me for baiting.

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am seeing loads of deer this summer eating clover in the pastures. I see two nice bucks weekly at a buddy's house. Come on bow season! Side note. This is the worst year I remember for ticks! Everytime I move ten feet out the yard without a good soaking of bug spray, I bring back a bunch of blood sucking hitchikers back to the house.

10. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Amen! Fall and winter is my time of the year. You can have all this heat.
    I have seen many deer. Antlers are growing well with all the rain we are getting. Lots of doves, squirrel, rabbits running around. Do not know where the hogs are, I just hope they stay were ever they are. I know one thing for sure. This year is flying by. I hope it slows in the fall:smile2:

11. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    This year should be a great year. Come on Bow Season!

12. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    I'll second that. Those ticks will collect on you soooo quickly and in large numbers. Plus this heat, its been 97-100 degrees with 70+ humidity for the last week.:eek:oooh:

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I hear ya, I just bought a new bow and can't wait to kill something with horns! :big_smile: