I cant wait for winter!!!

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by cathog, Aug 20, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Man these dog days of summer trying to catch big blues is getting to me. Been after the big blues probably 15 times in the last month or so. 3 of those trips turned up one nice sized blue, 38,29,and43. The rest of them I couldnt get anything over 15 pounds and most of the time nothing over 7 or 8 pounds. I can't wait til the water cools off and the big blue catfishing heats up. I am ready for some more of those 10 or more fish over 30 pound days:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    "AMEN" for sure. LOL!

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I hear ya !!!!! I got a 22# blue this week and I about forgot what that slam feels like. Other than that its been hard to find DD fish....turtles and dinks are everywhere, LOL.

4. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    I just posted about this today and was asking if they (in Sc) fish all year
    round.I never fished for big cats in December and January.Not until late February do I ever remember going,and that was because we were checking for the shad run.Im very excited about this winter.Im gonna fish straight thru this year and see what happens.

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm ready for some cold water cattin' myself. I've had good luck this summer, prob'ly cause I moved closer to TN and I'm fishin' there more now. I'm droolin' at the prospect of gettin' to hit the TN River more often this winter :big_smile:.

6. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Our good big blue bite starts in October and runs through March. They can be caugt here in the summer, but they come few and far between. January is my favorite month to fish for them, but I like it all the time LOL.

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm looking forward to late fall but not winter. It is a pain to fish with sheets of ice hitting your line.

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I can't wait either. It is my favorite time of the year for sure!

9. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got this deer hunting addiction kinda puts a cramp on the winter fishen any how they all but shut down here by dec .

10. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't fish for cats in the summer. I hate the crowds, boats, heat, and bugs. I am dirt sorry and go all the time, just I wait until Jan and then fish 3-4 times a week until the end of April.

11. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla

Hunt in the morning, fish middle of the day and hunt in the evening. Or better yet hunt all day fish most of the night.

12. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I'm looking forward to catching some of those big blues that Randy an Wes talk about catching downtown; on the Cape Fear River here in Wilm

13. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Can't wait for the winter either! Everything else I do the remainder of the year is just holding me over until winter arrives.

14. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Is it winter yet????:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: Man can't wait.....The big boy's come to life down this way.......were lucky we can fish every month of the year:cool2: late november till the end of february is the ticket!!

15. festus

festus New Member

I can't wait for winter myself. Since late May, I've only fished 3 or 4 times. It's been too dern hot and rainy. When I go fishing I like to stay out ALL day.

Do any of you fish the warm water discharges around steam and nuclear plants? That's where I have my best luck in cold weather.

16. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'm ready for it too. Not just for the blues though, I'm ready to try some flathead trips at night in the lake in Jan. or Feb.:crazy:

17. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Man you are a glutton for punishment :smile2::smile2::smile2:. Night times in the winter just sounds cold. I fish all winter, even when the temps are way below freezing, couldn't imagine fishing at night on those days.LMAO

18. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Amen brother! I got all geared up in anticipation of fishing into the night this past winter. I don't know what it is, but 35 degrees with the sun up is a heck of alot warmer than 35 degrees with the sun down. I don't think I ever lasted an hour past sunset.

I'm gonna give winter nights another go this upcoming winter, but I've gotta do something to keep me warmer. My boat is too small for an enclosure.