I can't take it anymore

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cheezemm2, Apr 10, 2008.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I work in an office environment, I haven't had the cat-kayak bug this bad in YEARS since I was usually fishing by the end of March!!!

I'm tilting my office chair side to side just to remember what it's like to be in the yak with a hard fighting flattie!

All I can think about is fishing. I pick up the telephone and the cord provides some resistance! Oh wait, it's not a fish, don't fight it or you'll have one heck of a mess on speakerphone.

I find myself writing in jagged lines as if I were cutting up a nice piece of shad!

When I move the mouse for the computer it's like I'm getting ready to throw the anchor out!

OH DEAR LORD, I'VE LOST IT, I'VE GOT THAT FISHING FEVER!

And for the last time, your laptop is not your kayak seat cushion!

Ohio River on 4/12 or bust! I will report back!

2. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    That was too darned funny. Working in an office also I feel your pain brother. Thanks for the laughs!

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I hear the Ohio is pretty wild right now.If you get out on it be real careful. Don't want to be readin about no accidents.

4. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We couldn't be more on the same page. I am sitting here in an office thinking about that fishing yak I bought over the winter that I have yet to get on the water. I just can't take it!!! What kind of kayak do you have?

To make things worse I was supposed to be off on Tuesday when it was 75 for my maiden voyage in the yak, at 5:40 (I get off at 5:30) on Monday they told me I couldn't take off on Tuesday.

5. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I paddle an Otter.....no one take that out of context!:smile2:

The river is supposed to be around 16ft on the pike island pool by Saturday which is perfect. 14ft it's like a lake, 15-18ft, it has some flow, above that I don't go!

For anyone considering kayak fishing for cats, I suggest trying it out on smaller bodies of water and graduate as you become more comfortable.

MRR has a valid concern...inexperience and poor safety precautions can cause dangerous situations! Pay attention to your surroundings and listen to your gut!

Wear a life jacket!

If anyone has a truck and they're in the Akron area and want to make a trip to the Musk, Tusc, or Big O, I have an extra yak:tounge_out:

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know what its like to have the fishing blues I love fishing nothing more that I love more than fishing, I've been couple times with hardly no luck on cats, but hopefully ill be able to make it back out soon.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I know the feeling. I am in Iraq and will not get to go fishing all year.

8. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    feels ya pain cheezemm2, sitting here in my chair and reading and reading about catches, reading tips, tricks and learnin all i can since i started targeting flats last year, and sitting here in the office and the sunn just came out killin me to go out i might just have to take off work early :smile2:

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :cry:I am with you all-heck we are almost there-the sippi is rolling prety hard and up big time:dribble:I just want to go fishin toooooooooooooooooo

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel for ya brother, no fishing for a year :(

Well we appreciate the sacrifice it that is any help.

11. SVTFisherman

SVTFisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio - West Chester
    I love fishing out of my Yak. I bought a Native Water Craft Ultimate from a place in Cincinnati last May. Here's a link to what it looks like:

http://kayakfishingstuff.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Ultimate_12.jpg

This is by no means a white water kayak, if you look at their website you'll see it's designed so you can actually safely stand in it and fish! Right behind the seat you'll see two triangular areas... that's where I have two Scotty rod holders that hold my 7' Catmaxx and Abu C3 setups. I also have a AA battery powered fish finder so I can find the holes in the river. Nothing is better than to take off work early, kayak up river, and drop some lines in deep holes... just as you relax and doze off your clicker starts screaming and you fight a 25lb shovel through the current.

Talk about fishing fever! These rivers need to go down so I can catch some cats!