i cant drive 55 lol

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jul 7, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well went fishing tonight. all that was nibbeling on shrimp was bullheads. i forgot shad net.:angry:

well i had minnows and worms. not much going on way out. thought about a skillet of crappie. well turns out they had left the building. but mr bluegill was home.

after 3-4 hrs of worm and minnow chunks i ended up bringing home a nice mess of panfish. any bidders for bait lol. i bet i caught 80.

i sure hope no bluegill rights activists are b.o.c. members. :smile2: this will tick there skin.

55 OF THESE BOOGERS!:smile2:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Oh yah! that brings back some memories. Those are good eating. :cool2:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    I FEEL LIKE I JUST GOT OFF AN 8 HR SHIFT AT A JAPANESE FISH MARKET. REMIND ME NEVER TO BRING HOME 55 BLUEGILLS LOL.:smile2:

AH WELL. THERE CLEANED NOW. THEY MAKE 9-10 MEALS OF 5-6.:wink:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hope ya 'LET' the youngun get in of the fun ......after the fact:wink::smile2:

5. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    looks like an hour and a half between posts, it takes me that long to do a dozen bluegill lmao, but they sure are fun to catch:smile2:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya it took a bit. im covered in scales. wife and kids are at her moms, kicked em out.:angry:

just kidding. the oldest is going to stay the night at gramies so no. they never even seen them. sure hell get to eat some though. after dad cleaned them all.:roll_eyes:

ya i get a lot of practice cleaning fish, rabbits, deer, ect......

7. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Usually this time of the year the crappie get scarce around here for me but bluegill can fill the bill. It's hard to find keepers around here Ya'll got it made down south the brim get much bigger down there. I did 41 the other day takes about 45 seconds a fish to fillet one out. The bigger they are the easier.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i have two bluegill in the freezor from southern il. they look like german subs. one is almost 11" long.:crazy:

i plan on mounting them this year now i have my airbrush.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey just currious what kind of airbrush you gonna be using?I have a couple nice ones my favorite is a gravity fed iwata & I have a nice pasche too-hoping to start getting more into it this winter.
    Them gillies will be some great eating-my favorite as long as I aint gotta clean em:wink:Whens supper...(LOL)

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Man that's a nice load right there, wtg!!

11. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Jeremy you ought to be ashamed of yourself eating up al that good bait when ya know there are some big hungry cats out there:eek:oooh::smile2:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i have a paasche millenium air brush.

got the set from van dykes taxidermy. around $75. i got free shipping because i made an order of over $100.00 around christmas. not bad concidering they sell for upwards of $90 in some stores. double action too.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya im waiting on the "your stealing bait from us trophy hunters." i know someones thinking it. oh well. rained out again. a 3 day weekend has turned in to 6. thurs through today. going to go after them again. different bridge today. this 5000 acre lake is 40 years old. theres millions.:cool2:

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I from the tribe that doesn't fillet Bluegill and the like. We just cut the head off to pull the guts out, scale and fry. The meat pulls right off the bone. Has any one tried rock bass? I did this spring when I got a couple of good sized ones. I won't bother with them again. No way near the flavor of gill.:big_smile:

I CPR all Bluegills over two pounds

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    me too jack. i dress mine and fry whole. the bones add flavor i think. like soup bones to a stew.

HEY! WHERE WERE MY BUDDIES? THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO REMIND ME NOT TO DO THIS AGAIN. AND NOT ONE DID!.:angry:

HERES TODAY.

47. added to my miscounted 53 last night made this a ringer. it hit 85 and i gave in at 47 due to heat.

between the two days i must have caught 150 or so. 100 in the fridge.+ 13 we caught at the zoo lake. 113 gills. WOW:crazy: ive ate so much catfish the past few years. this will be a nice addition to menu.

oh and the other pic. a wayward largemouth too notice of the feeding frenzy too. just made 16" keeper. nice fillets from that one.

and last but not least. this is one awesome story. i seen a water snake (2 1/2 'er) swimming up right toward me. as most know im not scared of them nor will ever kill one. i took my rod and pushed him off to the side. he swam up on the rocks next to me.

i tossed back out. after 4-5 seconds the bobber went under. it was a small hybrid green sunfish. good bait lol. it was 3-4 " and i was tossing it back when it flopped from my hand. it smacked the rocks and water by the snake. he grabbed that thing like it was a $100 bill.

in just a min he had the head in its mouth. i was fasinated. he started swollowing it. i broke off my line after a sunny took me into rocks. i ran up to truck to get a new hook. and ran back. he just had the head in. after 4-5 min he had the whole fish down and swam off with a lump. i think i made a friend. i seen 3 total the past two days.

16. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    Murderer. i'm calling peta. after all i was planing on driving up your way to catch some bait for my trotlines. opps i mean drift fishing. :roll_eyes: Really i am just glad it was you and not me that had to clean that nice mess of fish. every time i want a mess of of bluegills i come home poked full of holes from the dorsal fins. nice catch.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i bled like a stuck pig. got my self a bunch. like a darn needle.

the other bridge i went to today was in the shallow north fork. it looked like choc milk from the rain and storms we had earlier today and the past week.

i went back to the same one. its actually 1/4 mile long. both sides are rip rap. has a section of riprap then a bridge. an island section in middle also covered in rip rap. another bridge and then more section of rip rap. like pic(i was gonna draw a boat but i didnt lmao.). i fished one side where the pink dots are. there must be 100,000 of these in a 1/4 mile. i fished standing in one spot both days. 15' each direction. so i covered a 60' area on one side of a 1/4 mile. and theres 5-6 of these bridges.:crazy:

even though i could do this most everyday. im done cleaning for a while.:smile2:

18. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here's another idea for ya if you dont want to have to fillet, or pick meat off the bones. skin them and grind them. bones and all. the bones completely dissolve when you cook them. Just make patties or burgers and roll them in cracker or bread crumbs. Awesome!

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya can't drive 55. Neither could Sammy Hagar.:wink: Nice mess of fish there stud.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well had time to kill before the race so i went back to pop a few more fish in for winter meals.

had to stare a severe t-storm in the eye and wait till it was apon me but i filled the ten hook stringer to capacity with 3 pre hook.:wink:

130 in three trips. :cool2: