I CAN GET SOME FREE GOLDFISH

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by slimdaddy, Jun 3, 2009.

1. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    a friend of mine bought this place awhile back in which it has 2 ponds on it he says it use to be a paylake he says the smaller pond in full of goldfish he is supposed to bring me some if he can get them said he bought a trap or i can come down and get them so i think as soon as i get a chance im gonna take my cast net down there and get me some bait i need to find me a 55 gal barrel to put them in for the trip back homeOR ill take some 5 gal buckets its about 30 miles or so from me do you think that a couple battery operated bubblers would keep them alive long enough for the ride cause when i go im gonna get a bunch of them he says there some in there 6-8" long

2. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    that should keep them alive, just get a bag of ice to keep the water cool, i picked up a couple dozen goldfish and chubs one night and on the way home the bait bucket tipped over in my trunk:eek:oooh:, i dont know when but was about a 30 minute drive home, all the golfish lived, all the chubs were doa, they are hard to kill for sure

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    yeah they should live let me know when you go i may have everything you need for the trip pm me sometime

4. slimdaddy

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i know it will be on a sunday ive got a 330 gal bait tank so it will hold plenty just got to get the time to go hell just thought i cant use a 55 gal barrel dont think it will fit in the back of my blazer

5. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Hey Keith. If you want to swing by here in Zanesville you can use this one. It'll fit in the back of your Blazer...

Attached Files:

6. slimdaddy

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    that would be great but a little out of the way but thanks very much

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Keith 5 gallon buckets will be fine they will not die. Goldfish are about as durable as it comes for a bait fish. Some bait stores get their goldfish delivered in plastic baggies an only half full of water so you'll be fine my friend.

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll be glad to hold some in my tank for you as well!:wink:

9. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio

is this place your buddy bought, over in the Gallion area?

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gold fish bowls don't have aerators go for it with the barrel. Float a flat board on top and the water wont splash out so much. :wink:

11. slimdaddy

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    no its down by wellston