I buy and use bloomers because I like them!

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by peewee williams, Nov 16, 2007.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Southern Bloomer Mfg.Co.gun cleaning patches that is.They are made from the scrap left over from making womens

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Women still wear bloomers???

3. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I buy and use bloomers because I like them.Southern Bloomer Mfg.Co.gun cleaning patches that is.They are made from the scrap left over from making womens bloomers,drawers or panties,whichever you wish to call them.Heh!They are a great product.If the material is good enough to cover the bottoms of our female prisoners,it is good enough for my guns when it does a great job.I have been using patches for 50 years.I have never used a better one in my opinion.I have used many that were worse.I also like the 1 lb.bag of "Painter Cloths" you can buy at Wall-Mart.Keep checking out the very cheap cloth bolt remnants at any sewing center.You can often find cheap cloth to meet any of your gun cleaning or black powder shooting needs at a very low price.I like some of the very course weaves for scrubbing my barrels.I normally keep and used 5 different weaves and types of cloth along with two kinds of paper towels.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee.ps,Ol Man.You wear what ever they give you in jail or you go naked.You go naked,you better be fast or else!

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Good tip Pee Wee. I just spent $5 for a hundred patches at BPS. I'd run out of bloomers winterizing everything...and needed what I have left ta wear! The gun don't care if the patches are perfectly sized, and don't make it shoot any better.
    :smile2:

5. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I always cut up the cloth bolt remnants and "Painter Cloths" in about 3 inch squares to fit shotguns.I store them in Zip loc bags.I then cut them up in smaller sizes as I needed them.I once had a collection of over 50 guns at one time. From .177 BB.to .50 cal. bores.I had the .45 cal.round ball Thompson & CVA 50 ca.in Black powder.I used a lot of different size,weave & material patches in cleaning and shooting.This "cutting patches" was a good late winter,bad weather project.Year round I checked the cloth bolt remnants every time I went to Wal-Mart,and had a great selection of very good material with time and at a super low price.I found some very course and stiff weaves that seem to scrub my bores about as good as the Nylon bore brushes.Also great for scrubbing most things.That Southern Bloomer Mfg.Co is close to where Cheryl lives in Bristol,Tn.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee