I Broke the 500 Fish for the Year Mark Today

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by WylieCat, Jun 6, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I took the boat out today and caught 17 channels on Lake Wylie, SC. Nothing huge, just 3-6 pound fish, but it did put me over the 500 mark for the year! My goal is to reach 1,000 for the year, so I have a lot of work to do.

I am off to Russia for a week for work, so that will crimp my fishing for June!!

2. BigDuck

BigDuck New Member

State:
    Trumann, Arkans
    Half way there!!! Have fun in Russia, i guess. What line of work takes u there?:confused2:

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Congratulations! To hit that mark took a lot of work & time on the water. Great going :big_smile: ( I don't see how you can catch anything on that waterway)

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Jan I have a video production company and we are shooting a TV show there for a hunting and fishing show. We are fishing in some river...LOL!! I hope there are catfish!!!

Patmansc I hope you are kidding about Wylie. That place is loaded with channels, and you can even luck up on a blue now and then.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    500, congrats. Now, I am just trying to get the first one. LMAO

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on 500,I'm still looking to break double digits.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Me too. :sad2: I can't believe you've already caught 500 this year, WylieCat. How often do you fish? Good luck on the Russian river!

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    500 lol, I have caught 2 this year.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Wow thats nuts. I'd like to catch over 100 this year. I've only caught about 20.

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Well Tanya, to answer your question, I fish a lot. So far this year I have had 44 trips and I think that averages out to around 11 fish per trip. Most are 4-5 hour outings.

I am lucky enough to live five miles from Lake Wylie, SC. It is one of the best channel cat fisheries in the state. It does not produce huge fish, but 4-6 pound fish can be caught on about every trip and the occasional 10 pounder is out there. My best so far on the lake is 12 pounds 4 oz.

The truth is I am addicted. Any day off I try to get in a few hours either in the evening or morning. There are many times I go to work with the smell of cut bait on my hands no matter how hard I have washed!!

I think about the line in the John Denver song "Country Boy" that goes, "fiddle when I can, work when I should"; I just replace "fiddle" with "fish" and that is me!!!!!!

11. AllenM

AllenM Guest

WOW!! 500 fish! I've caught ONE!! (Looks like I'm catching up! Better get out there on that water or I'm gonna pass you up brother! :lol: )

Makes me realize that I need to get out a LOT more often!! I'm only 8 miles from my lake and 9 miles from the Sacramento river.

Seriously though, that's awesome, and good luck on hitting that 1000 mark!

12. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That's awesome WylieCat. I have no doubt that you'll hit your mark this summer. Just keep doing what you're doing. Good Luck.

13. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    500.. damn I've caught about 100 fish but I guess I've only been fishing for a little over a month... biggest being only 7 lbs