I appreciate our moderators

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by EricM, May 20, 2007.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    For those of you who haven't seen it, there is a thread by a couple of our members under "Contest and Giveaways" concerning a moderators giveaway to show our appreciation for all of the hard work and long hours they put in to bring us this site, and to keep it up and running smoothly. Please check it out and help if you wish - there is no presure and it's completely anonymous. Thanks everybody!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO

3. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    And thanks to you for all of your efforts Tea! Good work!

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thanks for helping to spread the word.Lets keep it on top.

5. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Thanks Drawout! I'm glad that you fellows came up with this, and I sure hope you get good participation from the membership. Would you please also post the mail address and paypal info here too? Thanks again!

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sure, man. I can do that to help us out.

Paypal Address.

teaysvalleyguy@columbus.rr.com

Snail Mail

George Hardbarger
    70 Powell St.
    Ashville, OH 43103

Thanks again Eric for all your support for this.

7. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Bump ..... Bump

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
  9. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Personally I appreciate what the mods do but think that they are a little too quick to jump on post and move them around. For example, I truelly loved reading Postbeetle's account of the "cutters" working on his place and it was properly posted in the General Discussion area but someone prompty moved it to the "Story telling" forum. Why. I'd venture to say that very few people surf that forum. I know I don't. I've had 2 of mine moved to the High Intensity forum and still don't think there is anything intense about them. Another was removed all together because a discussion broke out. Maybe the mods keep the place a little too tidy.

10. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thanks for your opinion.Also keep in mind that they have kept this place running smoothly for many years,Ive had post moved and deleted also that i thought were questionable but they are the people that make those calls and i respect their decision.

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I understand your concern man. They do what they think is best for the community as a whole. They do not do it because they want to, trust me.

They have kept this place the best on the WWW for the 4 years I have been here and long before I got here.

I hope you are enjoying your stay here brother.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post Eric. Also Thanks Tea and Drawout! I hope to be able to donate something but right now is a VERY difficult time with $...