I apologize to anyone I may offened

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by all_4_Flatcats, Apr 29, 2009.

1. all_4_Flatcats

all_4_Flatcats New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I had no idea I couldn't post names lakes we fish. That's no fun but I guess rules are rules....

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Its ok larry...I like breaking the rules myself from time to time :wink::smile2:

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Only Pay Lake names Larry, :wink:

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey, I didn't know that either,,, no harm , no foul..I guess.

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    For years we were against pay lakes period.

Any mentioning of a pay lake, "Always" turned into simple free advertising.

Now, Pay Lake strategy talk is fine, in the right area of the BOC.

If you are looking for Pay Lakes to fish, Google will provide all the hits ever needed for this method of fishing.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    What is a paylake? LOL!:wink:

7. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Big George that question could open a big can of worms.:smile2::wink:

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    George, it is a place of ill repute, a cat-house, also call a din of liquidity. It's a place where men go to pay for sex err I mean fish, yeah that's it fish! :wink:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

I'll pay for the sex. Been married for 36 years and theres still coupons in the payment book. LOL! I sure as hell won't pay to fish in a swimmin pool. :wink: Can anyone tell me how they get them big cats in those pay lakes that ya hear about. :wink:

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    they steal them from public water

11. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Ha! A Din of Liquidity.Captain Jack...ever the wordsmith.

12. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i would pay to fish a lake but i dont think i would fish a paylake

13. all_4_Flatcats

all_4_Flatcats New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I only fish one pay lake when I'm desperate ( But still know few good ones) or when I'm in need of some cheap channel. Store bought $4.25 a pound vs. $11 for 10 live fresh channel of various sizes. I'll eat catfish for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

My wife's mom is from Brewton, Alabama ( near SR 31 Next to Mississippi) and man can she fry catfish. Hell She'll even clean em'. I thought if caught them and brang them home I had to clean em', but she wasn't raised that way and won't have it any other way... I argued with for 5 mintues and realized what was doing...LOL!!!

Has anyone here ate Flats before ( Sad I know/Mother in-law wants me to bring some home but I can't bring myself to do it even if they are eating size)

A personal friend of mine bought one for 300,000 in poor conditions, very little bait population and sick fish ( It Sat for 10 years after the second owner pasted. I remember being little sitting on her lap and trying to figure out why this old woman was wearing a big catfish on her head. She grilled every day during the season to feed the people fishing she never charged for the food. that was back when tickets were $4. I miss that woman. She was very sweet ). Although he took a loss, he dredged the two lakes and let all the channels, big blues and flats go back in The Ohio River. My brother and myself as well as some of his friends and family helped in the release. There wasn't many think the, about 400lbs fish all togather we released 177 fish between the 2 lakes biggest one we released was 57lbs.

Now its all stocked with farm raised fish. Top lake with channel and small flats, and blues and the back with a equal Blue to Flat ratio. This guy was more into aquariums than lakes before he bought the place. Now this place is clean and its great place to fish and I feel safe eating the channels out of it, more so than the Ohio River.

Hell I'm afraid to eat anything out of there. People say all you can eat em' long as there caught in the clean part, I scratched my head like yeah no. They don't just hang out in one clean part but last time I looked That's a pretty big river...

No offense to anybody who eats the fish. I sure there is a consumption table somewhere. I personally can't do it unless I had no other choice or maybe as bet...LOL

I did hear the do taste good though...

P.s. I can understand why some guys are against pay lakes. I've been to some pretty bad ones and didn't even buy a ticket never gone back....

P.s.s I just started fishing the river about 4yrs ago when I was broke and damn near homeless. Now I'm hooked... I realized its good to be out of a controled space...
    It sucks that sometimes I have to run from muskrats and river rats. I haven't had to run from a beaver yet....

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    No biggie man, takes alot more than that to offend me or really anyone else around here...lol Give me a buzz sometime this summer and I'll get ya out on the river and see if you like the difference, I think you will my friend..:wink:

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My mistake bud looks like you alredy fish it. I don't think its the pay lake part of the whole debate myself, that others get bent out of shape about, it's simply how they go about getting there fish. Not gonna beat a dead horse here, just sick of seeing the nets all over the river, a quick story here...

I know some people that operate a paylake I used to fish before I was "shown the light"...lol Anyway, I remember being there and the lady and I were talking, her husband has just left to drive to the Mississippi River to pick up some fish for there lake, I guess they had a guy down there that they bought from. It was different because they usually got all there fish locally,to get to the point though. She was telling me how he went to pickup a 96lb blue, obviously the fish was taken from the River. Long story short, he got back the next day with the fish, put it in the lake with some others, and withing 2 days they found the 96lb blue floating on the surface dead as a door nail...That's was the issue is with me, these trophy fish being removed from our public fisheries, and stuck in a lake to usually die. Just bums me out man, thats all there is to it. That being said, I would never jump down someone's throat for fishing one, just wouldn't do it myself anymore....:cool2::wink:

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What are you running for? Your bigger than them....lol Get your self a stick and enjoy a little diversion while your waiting on a bite :wink:

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Why would any self respecting guy run from beaver??:tounge_out::wink::smile2:

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If its trimmed right, I'll bury my face in it.

19. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Wow this thread takes some wide turns. LMAO!!!!

20. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: