Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kind of a blog post here,anyway.....

With my bad back and all today I changed oil in two vehicles, then got my mower running enough to do the job, which involed stipping a bunch of stuff off and bending and restraightening other stuff, a couple weeks ago my little bro borrowed my john deere, and brought it back as road kill after he lost the trailer it was on and it went into the ditch and the mower broke loose and did some nascar rolls through the feild. Anyway we are running again ,not pretty anymore, but running well. I live out in the country so today was the first time my lawn seen a blade this year,not good. In some places it was higher than the hood would have been had I still had a hood on my mower, 1/2 acre of lawn and 10 hours later I am pretty much finished. no more bagger, so I ended up putting the snow blade on the mower to push the windrows of cut grass out of the way. two passes on the yard then pushing grass off the lawn and then a final pass, I should have borrowed the neighbors swather and baler, jumped in the shower and turned to mud with grass clippings imbeded, three passes in the shower and I feel human again. pushing grass with a snow blade is wild, start at one end of the yard and blade down and haul azz for the road and opposite ditch/ grass clipping piles,started off smooth and had so much grass clippings that by the time I hit the gravel road the motor would be snorting and huffing the rear tires spinning trying to get traction and the front tires off the ground just giving her hell! I'm glad its all over and once agian the john deere has proved it's a beast, even wounded, she did more than any of those other "cheaper" brands would have done,heck they would have been junk by the time I did half the yard the first time. Oh yeah, she did suck down the fuel today almost 20 gallons to mow the yard,wow! normally I can do it in one pass with 1 1/2 gallons of fuel. Kohler motors rock! passed up fishing in this wind to get yard work done, did bait and set some bait traps also,but they were empty this evening???????? what gives with that? even my best bait holes are not producing! well hope you all had a better day and enjoyed the warm weather!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.