I am so stupid

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jun 23, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well my back condition has been improving by the day..So I get the bright idea I am gonna go to my river spot...Then I made a bigger mistake I askedmy wife to go.

Not that I dont enjoy fishing with her I do, but when she goes you have to take everything but the kitchen sink:smile2:

I went and got shad first, one throw and I got lucky, darn near filled a 5 gallon bucket with one throw, so I thought this is gonna be a great day!!!!

We got to the river, and we had mt 14 month old son with us, could not find a sitter so we just packed up the play pen..whats one more thing to carry..right?

I made 3 trips carring everything we needed, my last trip was for the cooler that held ice, bait and drinks..about halfway I started getting reall stiff in my back..I made it down to the water and by that time I was practically crawling:sad2:

I did manage to bait one rod up the on the cast I THOUGHT OH NO, this aint goona work..I laied down in the sand for 20 minutes to get the pain to ease up a little..I told my wife we need to leave everything, rods reels the whole works, cause I had to get out of there while I could walk..she was carring the baby so she was of no help.

I got back to my truck and thought of the 4 complete outfits I had left lying on the bank, well over 100 bucks in each combo, my tackle bag, and everthing else I had left there for someone else.

So I called my son praying that he was home, thank god he was..He came down to the river and packed everything out for me.

Now I am back in bed like an idiot!

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Damn: Get some rest !!!!!!!!!:sad2:

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Man Jack that just sucks. Take her easy and rest up well before your next adventure.:wink: Glad that your son could take care of your gear, that wouldnt make things any better. I hope Ol Mr. Flathead knows what we go through to catch him.:smile2:

4. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Jack sorry to hear about you back hope you get better.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    That back stuff is horrible. Never know when it will go out. Been there many times.

6. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Get some rest Jack and before you know it you will be back out there fishing again !!! :angry:

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Take it easy Jack, there will be catfish to catch another day but you only have one back, treat it right and take care of it.

8. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Take care of yourself, Jack.. the cats will still be there when you're good and healthy!

9. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    you can't blame a man for trying:big_smile:. i personally would blame the wife for packing so much and not carrying her stuff. get better soon:big_smile:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Jack, do you want to end up like me??? I don't think so. Its killing me not being able to fish or drive or even get out. I have to wait 90 days according to KY State Law after my seizure before I can drive and also have to have a signed clearance from the neurologist. Thats like August 28th before I can even get behind the wheel and also if/when they do the surgery/surgeries I also have to be cleared by the Neurosurgeon so it may be longer than that!!!!!:sad2:

I know you love to fish just like I do but its not worth it Buddy!!! They'll still be there when you're feeling better. I'm keeping you in my Prayers, I know you need them just don't hurt yourself anymore than you already are. Trust me, I know first hand.:wink:
    Its starting to kill me reading and seeing these pics about all these fish. I'm about ready to take a break from the BOC because between cabin fever & flathead fever its really getting me down. Especially after what happened today, which you know most of what went on.....:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Been there, done that. I believe there's nothing worse than back pain. I've had MRI, physical therapy, massages and Chiropractic help. The Chiropractor helped me the most. The adjustments he made and my stretching every morning and night made quite a difference. No more nagging pain. I still get stiff waking up in the morning, but the stretches help alot. I had Sciatica, and the pain was in my lower back, glutes, hamstrings and calves. Sucked, but it's alot better now.

Take it easy.. :wink:

Mark..

12. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack, it's too bad you don't have a friend with a boat to take you out, sit back, relax, and reel in fish. Oh wait, you do. Where is Mellon when you need him. Teach him everything he knows and now he is ditching you for his boat. :wink::big_smile:

I hope you get feeling better soon Jack. No need to rush it because July is coming and the flatheading will suck. Might as well hold back until fall. :sad2:

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    easy on the back,you only got one.

14. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Take it easy brother....

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry to hear that your back has got you down. I know how the urge to fish can hit someone and its too hard to resist. We pray that you get better soon, so you can teach us how to catch those big flats!

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jack after you heal enough that you can go get one of those yard wagons it will keep you from having to carry so much at one time.

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I know that was directed at Jack but I may need to invest in one myself...:wink::smile2:
    Just pulling it up the hills will be awfully hard for me. Wonder If I could modify a lawn mower engine....Nah, I'd say It'd have to be a side shaft motor.....:roll_eyes::smile2:

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Like Ryan said,get a wagon to put your stuff in. Wagon and bungee cords can do wonders for the back.

Also have you tried wearing a back brace. They do help some. Take it easy on the back, treat it with TLC.Hopefully this will be a short term set back.

19. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    As everyone else has said, go easy on the back, it's already messed up. You know what they say about your back, once you havea bad back they vcan never fix it right, so take it easy brother, hopefully they can get you some relief soon so you can get that monster!!!

20. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Hope the back gets better soon. Sure glad you didn't lose all your gear, that would have made it even worse.