I am ready but it is winter

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jan 6, 2010.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I just got off the phone with Mellon, and I am knee deep in my usual winter time cabin fever.

I am getting pumped thinking about the upcoming flathead season, but is only early January.

I cant wait to get out there, even for a skunking...I think we can both land some big fish, and hopefully a 60-lber this year.

I wish everybody luck, and and good fishing this year!

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    im ready to, i try to stay biz to help with the cabin fever, now im ready for some f*** off time now.. we'll get there some time bubba

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Im up to my neck in cabin fever!!!!!!!!I cant wait to get out and fish even if i dont catch any thing!!!I just want to bwe the idiot staring t the water with 2 fishing poles...as long as im fishing im fine!!!!!!!!!...I have been making and buying so much tackle and stuff...It helps with the cabin fever and snelling hooks like a mofo!!!!!I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I'm tempted myself to walk the 3 miles to the nearby Wylie to fish this weekend!! It is hell being without my car!!:angry:

5. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    :freaked-out:I'm ready to hit the river bank!!!

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I hear ya Jack, I myself am feeling the cabin fever also. Ive been getting ready for the James River trip some so thats keeping me a little busy and my mind off them Big Spring time Flats. I hope the best of luck to ya this year and hope to get the opp. to fish with ya. When ever your ready to come up here your more than welcome.

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Same here Jack ol' buddy.....I've been playing with my daughters vibrating fishing board game an awful lot lately!!!! $HIT!! did I just admit that LOL! :shut-mouth:

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i totally agree jack, i just got my new spool of vicious for the year and hooks. My goal this year is to get another march flathead, so the season starts in 3 months:smile1:

9. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am sooooo glad to hear im not the only one going crazy...thank god i have snowmobiling to keep me somewhat entertained until the ice thaws...i ran out of hooks to snell for the coming year so had to go buy some more so i had something to do fishing related lol. I also bought 200lbs of lead to make some more weights too....the thaw couldnt come soon enough in my opinion!

10. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You boys need to start hunting. It really helps. CPR hunting is a little difficult though!

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's only approximately 5 months or 150 days until we have a chance at hanging one.

You guys who don't have a lot of options could always try to jig-n-pig a bass?:handshake:

Do you have any warm water discharges in Ohio?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This weekend I will be puting new vicious 30-lb test on most of my baitcasting reels, and trilene big game on a few others.

I dont have as many reels as I used to, only around 14, so I should be able to knock that out out plenty quick.

I have not decided if I am gonna try and clean the shad scales off of my rods yet, after all in just a few month they are gonna be covered with scales and slime again.:watermelon:

13. mr.seaark77

mr.seaark77 New Member

State:
    ohio
    the last time i was out was nov 30 and was haveing 20 fish days until i had back surgery on dec 2 it started to look like it was going to be a great winter but that all went to hell quick cant wait to heal up and get back out its killing me to just sitting in the house i look forward to maybe hooking up with some of you guys and doing some fishing this year when im not fishing im getting bait

14. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Like you Jack; The cabin fever is kicking in hard. Especially since my season was very limited last year. Because of the bad fall I took in June. Last year; I kept myself busy with some fishing related projects. ( Bait bucket for bank fishing. Drift buckets for boat; That I was forced into having to sell and hopefully getting another one from a fellow member on here.) Drift buckets didn't go to waste though; As I gave them to Randy (luckey wade) for his boat. Also made some boat rod holders that I gave him as well. That are on his boat; And I got to use them early spring of last year, when I fished with him. Also made a 45 gallon bait tank for the boat. but fits easily In the back of my Isuzu Rodeo. (So it won't go to waste, collecting dust.) Also made some noodle floats. ( That landed me my PB Flathead 39 Inches.) Modified some; 7/0 Mustad J-Style hooks into a cross between a circle and a sickle hook. (Which also landed me a fat 12 lb. early season channel in March, feeding on winter kill shad.) Snelled and packaged hooks. "Ol'lady was kind enough to let me complete all my projects in the comfort of our living room." I guess; She's one thing I won't CPR. lol... "Thanks Babe."

"About the only project I can think about doing is making some more noodle floats. As I passed out alot of them to fellow members that I fished with last year. Only other thing I can think about doing; is playing 2 of my old fishing PC games. That I re-installed on my PC last week. Maybe I can try my luck at some ice fishing this year. Something I have never done in my 43 years. Maybe someone will take me for my 1st time. ( Hint Hint Rollo.)

"About the only project I can think about doing is making some more noodle floats. As I passed out alot of them to fellow members that I fished with last year. Only other thing I can think about doing; is playing 2 of my old fishing PC games. That I re-installed on my PC last week. Maybe I can try my luck at some ice fishing this year. Something I have never done in my 43 years. Maybe someone will take me for my 1st time. ( Hint Hint Rollo.)

15. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Down in southern Ohio on the Ohio River we have warm water discharges and blues. I think the smaller more northern rivers don't have blues. :(

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bobby, no need for hinting. LOL. You are welcome to go anytime, I will shoot ya a pm with my number. It is actually more fun with more folks. Luckeywade tried it last year, I think was his first time ice fishing... It's alot of fun.... rollo

17. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel your pain Jack, cabin fever is killing me also! Where can I buy some of theat vicous line everyone is talking about? I read something on it before just don't remeber where to get it.