I am excited

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by ldw45, Sep 24, 2008.

1. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am about as excited as an old catfisherman can get about going fishing!! This ain't bragging I just had to share this with you guys. I think you will understand my excitement. My son who lives in SC just called to invite me as a guest to go with him and his church group to fish the Santee Cooper next March. Don't know all the particulars yet but it will be a guided 2 day excursion and to make the offer more enticing my son wants to pay all expenses!!!!!!

Talk about getting a return on all those trying times raising a teenager to adulthood!!!!! lol...

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Now that's a good son. You must have raised that boy right!

3. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That sounds great Dean. I hope you have a wondeful time visiting and fishing with your son. Congrats brother:smile2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats, I can imagine that you are jumping for joy and thinking about it constantly!! Can't wait to hear the stories!

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    WOW! Congrats to you, you are most definitely going to a well proven "HOG" grounds...... I'll bet your already having dreams and looking in the old tackle box :wink:

6. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Glad to hear the good news Dean, if anyone deserves it its you. Hope yoiu catch the fish of your dreams.

7. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    That is great!! I have always wanted to go out there!! That is an outstanding fishery. Enjoy yourself!:cool2:

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats and good luck dean

9. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    good luck dean, i cant wait to read all about it when u return,dont forget the camara:wink:

10. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Awesome!

We'll want a detailed report with pictures of course. :)

11. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ditto on the pictures! My Aunt & Uncle live there. They report some amazing fish stories! Hopeful that when TONTO gets this whole "workin" habit out of his system (down to less than 3 months) we will make time to head that direction also!

12. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    All them trying times, looks to have paid off

13. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Sounds like a great time with a great son. I know a guy who used to live there, and his stories are awsome.

14. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Oh boy, That sounds like a good time for sure, Have you ever been there before? One of these days I plan on doing some traveling and doing some catfishing. Good luck to ya!

15. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have never fished there. It has been a dream of mine to do so. Now I am beginning to feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.......lol

16. trapperP

trapperP New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well, Cuz. all I can say is "GREAT!" I've fished Santee-Cooper and it is a truly unique place. My largest Rod&Reel catfish to date came from Santee-Cooper, a 53# flathead and I'm always looking to break that. Hope you can tie into a whopper!
    Good Luck

17. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Welcome to the BOC Trapper!

18. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds awesome look forward to seeing pictures and hearing the tall talls, this is one of the best river systems for cats in the US...Good luck Brother...