I AM Despirately Having Withdrawal

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by river1214rat, Nov 8, 2008.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Hi Guys and Gals
    I am still alive..2 months ago I made the fatal mistake to paint the exterior of my house. Insanity took over and I thought I could paint it in 2 week-ends. Did I mention I am doing this by myself!!!
    Scraped off the old pain, and to my dismay, found rotten wood, lots of rotten wood. Ripped off the old wood, bought new wood, cut it and not to bad, nailed up the new boards. Then I found major rotten boards on the roof. Quickly decided this was over my head, literally. Found a guy here in town that fixed this plus bad shingles on my roof. The IKE came along, put a hole in my almost new roof. Same guy fixed the hole plus all of the vents that THE LIMB ripped off the roof.
    Replaced all of the old caulking, then the fun starts. My color scheme created quit a stir here in West POint! Deep Wine and Early Grass Green, or as my neighbor calls it, purple and green. I probably have the only "purple and green" house in West Point. i htink the entire city has come down to view and ask me "what is wrong with you", but all in good humor.
    Anyway, to make a long story short, 4 coats of paint later, I am finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. For those who do not know me, I live on the Ohio inWest Point. I have seen you going down river in your boats to go catch the biggest catfish in the Ohio River. I have seen you going back up river, wondering if you are catching all of the fish, or have you left me any to catch just in case I finish this project before 2010. Hopefully it won't be much longer before I am back on the river. When you drive by West Point, look for the "purple and green" house and wave at me if you see me with my trusty paint brush. Did I mention I am doing this by myself !!!!

Be Safe
    Linda

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Linda, we have missed you. I will be looking for your house when I come thru the area in a couple of weeks!!

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Nothing wrong with Purple /***** . We have a lady who lives in Clarksville.Mo. who's house is all Purple.Even her concrete pig in the front yard is Purple.She just plain likes Purple.:roll_eyes:
    Can't say the same for color of Green.Unless it's money:wink:
    Hey at least no one can say (Can't find your house).:smile2:Good luck on gettin the paintin done before WINTER sets in.Not Far Off!!

4. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Shane, I have missed the companionship of the BOC; days are shorter now which decreases the time spent painting :roll_eyes: but will increase time I can get on the BOC. Somewhere out there is a big ole cat with my name on it! :wink:
    Are you and your company in the States yet? If you do go by West Point, and see me in the yard or sitting on the dock, pull in as I would love to meet ya.
    Be safe...

Linda

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Linda you are just too damn funny !!!!!!!!! Your luck sounds as if we have been hanging together and I am rubbing off on you !!!! Good Luck on getting it finished !!!!

6. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    SO!!! Thats where you been hiding and of all the nerve painting your house. I thought about camouflaging the entire house. All i have learned is never say this "should'nt take to long" It will and will cost lots more to do the not to long or hard project.This rule applies to all things in life Except S-x which is always not long enough (especially for women). Do what i do and start many projects and that way you have an excuse for it taking so long when they ask "Whats taking you so long". You can always say well i have been working on something else lately."but" you know they are thinking he's not done a d-m thing lately "I know that boat has been moved" and the smell of bait and fish still lingers around any area you happen to be in at the time. Eventually it gets done cause you pay someone else to finnish up that little project unless your like me and will do it yourself come hell or high water. "I WONDER WHO CAME UP WITH THAT SAYING COME HELL OR HIGH WATER" does'nt really make any sence. ANYWAY Heres a toast to all your projects and the long hard road to finnish them.

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Linda,

Still in Iraq for about 10 more days. I will be home soon though and be driving thru West Point a couple of times a month. I will surely stop in if I see you out there. My wife/baby will be in Ohio so weekends will find me driving up there. I often take 31W so that I can visit some folks there at Ft Knox so its not even out of the way.

I pray that you get on the water soon. God Bless

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hope you get to fish soon .At least when you do a project yourself you know what it means when someone you pay says "All I lack is finishing up how about a draw ? " I install replacement windows and do handyman jobs that's one phrase I have learned to avoid !:wink: You will get done when the blues turn on for winter . Good luck finishing up before it stays to cold to paint .

9. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    All summer long i have been straighting out my garage and building. I started to just tidy up both then my brain malfunctioned with the ideal of putting up more shelves more storage more electric outlets soon it was a bigger mess than what i first looked at. I have gotton nowhere and now it's so junked up that all i have is a path down the middle. Alot of this is due to the fact that everytime i start back on this i get a call to go fix this or that for other people "mostly family" lol. Well at least i got plans for the winter........... Fishing for blues. :smile2:

10. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Thanks for sharing your story with us Linda.

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck getting your house done and even more luck catching that BIG CAT this winter, Good to have you back !!! :0a23:

12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    did you ever get ya a boat linda?

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Linda Welcome back and thanks for sharing your home project with us.

14. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Not yet; but I have found another fishing buddy who lives in West Point. Just need to convince him catfishing is more fun then fishing for stripes!!
    At least I am getting out on the river some...

Linda

15. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Congrats on getting out on the water Linda, Keep us posted of your trips and the house project! We love hearing from you

16. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Lets see some pics so Linda. Am always interested in Home Improvement projects. Always have a few going on myself.

Good Luck!