I am catfish-dead right now

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catman529, Feb 17, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you know what I mean....haven't been catfishing in a while. I don't know well enough how to catch channels during the winter. Especially with the fluctuating temperatures.

I am hoping to start in March or as soon as it is warm enough to throw a cast net without freezing my hands. I was hoping to go out fishing for big blues this winter but so far it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

I am anticipating the spring...waiting for the cats to switch into high gear.

And I should say what I have said before, The BOC is awesome!

I love the community. I never thought such a huge forum would be full of such great people. Thanks Paul, all the staff, and of course everyone in the BOC family.

I will be out there fishing soon and sharing my small river techniques with everyone...

Tight lines

Catman

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Catman, There have to be people out there fishing cats right now in Tenn. Take a trip to one of the dams on a river. All I have read about blues is they will come up there looking for shad. The shad go there looking for oxygen. Just go on a day durring a warming trend and see if guys are fishing and catching. Then walk up with your cat rod and ask if they are having any luck, what bait, what rigging etc... If they are slamming them they will be more than happy to give some hints to another brave soul out aginst the cold lol.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I aint caught a winter catfish yet, I am going to wait to spring.