I am asking everyone to help our children.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by peewee williams, Aug 27, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am asking everyone to please read and think about this.Kids and guns.Pro-gun or Anti-gun.I think we can all agree that our kids need to be safe when it comes to guns.City or country,race,creed,sex or age it has become a very dangerous thing.There is a hunter safety course that primarily teaches gun safety.Gun safety teaches that it is not cool and very stupid,dangerous and irresponsible to have or miss use a gun in any irresponsible way.Many do not wish their children to be exposed to any gun in any way.That is nice thinking.I wish that the world was that way.Most criminals started as kids.They did not just grow up and BAM they are bad.Your children are being exposed to guns.They will be exposed to guns.They or you may never know it at times.You have a chance to teach the kids gun safety,which means leaving when a gun is present.Reporting a gun is cool and the right thing to do.Most of all to refuse to be a part of anything unlawful with guns.I do believe that the majority of kids are first exposed to guns by other kids.It is going to happen.Please have them taught what to do.Their lives depend on who teaches them about guns.These courses are available nation wide.Thanks,peewee-williams

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    How true Peewee my sons were taught about guns early and even though they are 19 and 28 they still hear it from me often

3. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    i agree with you pee wee my gun are locked up my 2 kids both have guns but they are locked up with mine ,the only time they even touch them is when im with them.

4. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thank you Peewee. Excellent post...

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Pee Wee, bullets are not biased. They don't care what skin color you may have, your religion, how much money you have, nor do they care where you come from or whom your family or friends are.

When I got married, the only guns my wife allowed in the house were my hunting rifle, and my shotguns. And I had to buy gun locks and a safe. I had to sell my pistols, to make her happy.

Now that I'm divorced, I decided one day that I need no guns. That's not to say that hunters or avid shooters don't respect the rules and laws governing in their states, and homes. It was just a decision I made one day.

Education first, before I teach my kids how to shoot any weapon.

Kenny

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks pee wee if more people think like you it would be a better world to live in. thanks

7. HoggyO

HoggyO New Member

State:
    PA
    Great Post Pee Wee, I have all my Guns locked up and when the time comes both my boys will be taught how to properly use and respect a gun!!

8. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Vernon(vlparrish) bought the kids their first hunting gun Christmas before last. They were told that it would have to stay in the gun safe, with all the other guns, until they took the hunters education course. We finally found a course for them to take a couple of weeks ago and they both passed!! They are both looking forward to hunting and I feel much better knowing that they have taken the course and understand that guns can be dangerous in the wrong hands or handled wrong. Thanks for the post PeeWee. I hope other parents can get their children in a course like this one.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    PeeWee you are a wonderful human being! I thank you sir for that wonderful excellent post,I will rep you for this one. Kids need to be taught that Guns don't kill people,but rather people who irresponsible or have no value for Life it's self kill other people.But you are so right sir; our kids need to be taught gun saftey. Our guns are all locked up in a safe,and I don;t even know the codes to unlock it with.Thank you so much for caring!------------pk powell:smile2:

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks folks.What I am saying is that you can have your children taught properly at a EARLY age or you can let another kid do it first.Locking your guns up will not keep a gun out of their hands.There are far more guns outside the home than in it.peewee-williams