I am always thinking about flathead fishing.

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by flathunter, Mar 4, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    At times I think the anticipation of a new flathead fishing is more fun than the actual fishing.

I really enjoy buying new tackle, stocking up on all the terminal gear you need.

I find myself day dreaming of catfishing during the day, and thinking about past trips with friends and family.

At night when I am in bed I still think about catfishing before I go to sleep, about the upcoming season, and all the good times I have had in past years.

I really dont know what I would do if I could not catfish, I think god I still have my health to enjoy this great hobby.

Catfishing is not just a sport to me, it's an obsession.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Anticipation is making me wait - it's keeping me waiting...

I totally know what you mean. I can/will fish for just about anything, and the preperation and anticipation is at least half the fun, but flatheads are deffinately a special fish.

It's starting to feel like spring down here. We had a nice mild night last night, and I can just about feel those flatheads coming out to feed...

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I share your pain fellows. I'm not really spicies specific I just wish the weather would break so I can get on the water. Won't be long an the turkeys will start gobblin then can do both.Hunt an fish.

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i hear that, jack! i just had to go past the ramp on the way home to see if the ice was starting to leave. now i see 9 for saturday night:sad2:

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jack, I've seen a time or two you've thought of Mellon...:smile2::smile2:

6. catter62

catter62 New Member

State:
    texas
    And I thought I was the only one.....

7. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I find my self doing the same thing!

8. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I guess thats the line between a simple hobby and a passion.
    My Bride is already rolling her eyes when I start yapping about the upcoming season and I still have over a month to go.:eek:oooh:

We are blessed to take part in something that is as simple or complex as we want to make it and that we can share it with so many that feel the same.
    I am lucky.
    Tip of the hat to my brothers and sisters!

thanks
    Larry

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    wow i am the same way my wife said if i thought of her like i do about flaties she would be happy

10. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Not alot of flats where I fish though I feel the same way about channels.
    Definately going to be hitting a couple flat rivers this year.

11. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Same way here and the ice just went out.Will be starting the season this weekend. Good luck to all

Mike

12. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Flathunter me and you both in the last two weeks I have re strung all my poles bought rod holders bought a new motor and have been thinking of my strategy and what new waters Im going to fish. I plan on getting in as many tournaments as I can and Im going after the Indianas Flathead record it might not happen this year but I know it can be done. So I wish you and every other catfisherman best of luck because if your like me Ive been climbing the walls and watching the weather every night.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Few things occupy my thoughts on a regular basis like fishing period. My buddy and I constantly talk tactics and we are always asking other folks all sorts of questions. I just went out the other day and got myself another rig that was on clearance at Walmart:0a1:. I am always thinking about how big the ones that I lost had to be since I always check my line and my knots...yeah, i think about hunting flatties all the time too:wink:.

14. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I know how you all feel. I'm going nuts waiting for the water to warm up so I can do some serious fishing. And this will be my first year going for the flatheads. Just got my new rod today and have been cleaning up some older penn reels I had so I can have a few more rods in case I need them.

15. Lil'John

Lil'John New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one that feels obsessed. I haven't been able to fish much in a couple of years, but I,m about to get started and I can't wait. Love fishing, but gotta turkey hunt to. Season came in last weekend in Georgia.

16. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Im the same way I am always looking forward to fishing

17. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    You got the catfish fever. I love it as much as the next guy.

18. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I know how you all feel :0a27:

19. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's a disease alot of us have. There is no cure!

20. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    :0a27: I get so excited this time of year knowing it wont be long till I get to go after the flatheads. The freezer is stocked with the hot bait just need to get the bait tank up and running and it wont be long. I have a delima though this time of year work picks up with alot of Overtime and it is hard to pass up. Between work and fishing I do at least 80 hours a week.