I am a lucky man.

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by gastoncathunter, Apr 24, 2008.

1. gastoncathunter

gastoncathunter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Is it rare or not that my wife loves to fish? We fish two or three times a week when the weather is good and she will even fish in the rain. She also loves to kick your butt at landing the biggest and most fish. And she will rub it in your face all day long. I've never knew a women who liked to fish until her.
    Just wondering.

2. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    Mine hates to fish but she wants me to go all the time just to get me out of the house:eek:oooh:

3. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    i hav an aunt & uncle who are 80+ yrs old & hav been fishing 2gether since they were young marrieds. she's VERY competitive--& can get VERY jealous & upset if she lags behind in weight or count. I fish alot, but nothing like her--she's crazy--she scares me.:wink:

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    HAHA, same here Topname. Besides if my wife fished who would watch the kids, LOL.

-Jim-

I hope you guys enjoy many more years of fishing ; )

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you are lucky to have a wife who loves to fish !

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
  7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    My wife loves to fish! If she don't feel like fishing she loves to just sit in the boat and enjoy the scenary.

8. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I can't say my wife "loves" to fish, but she likes to fish as long as they are biting. If not she is content to just relax with a book. She likes to tell her friends that she has been through "hail" and back fishing with me, refering to the time we were waiting out a passing rain shower under the I40 bridge on the upper end of Lake Norman. Within a few minutes that rain shower turned into a storm with us trying to keep the boat from beating against the bridge pilings while hail was bouncing off the deck! We laugh about it now but it wasn't very funny at the time. So one word of advice guys. Before you take your wife or girlfriend fishing with you, check the local weather report. It just might save you from putting her through hail!:smile2:

9. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    my wife don't care to fish. i think she likes for me to go to get out of her hair. one thing about catfishing is when i come home from an all nighter she has no doubt i mean doubt where i've been. she always tells me i stink. i politely say thank you.

10. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My wife does everything with me.We hunt and fish together.We have had 5 Redneck tournaments on the Red River and she has won two of them.I can't hardly go to the river without her and I think it's great.. :big_smile: I think any man that has a wife that fishes with them has a wonderful thing going on..:wink:

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey welcome to the BOC good to hear you and your wife loves going out fishing together you dont see that alot anymore, LOL I always heard a saying, which a woman told me go figure anything a man can do a woman can do better, glad to hear there is some women out there that enjoys the wonderful sport of fishing.

12. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    When I get my wife out on the boat she has a few problems.... First I can not plane the boat up because we are going to fast.... Next if the depth gets below 8 feet (it is to shallow) I have to turn around and get into deeper water... I should have bought a row boat instead of a 17 ft starcraft.....

Whats a man to do....:cool2:

13. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Well,my wife doesn't go fishin with me no where near as much as I would like for her to.But she doesn't mind me going as much as I do either.Plus my kids go with me.Especially my son.He loves it and goes with me just about every time the boat hits the water.And my daughter (in my avatar) goes from time to time.I'm lucky I get to spend the time with them that I do and am truly blessed that I have the family I have.God bless!

Timber

14. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Your wife is just like mine, she never doubts where I've been and she likes to fish as well but right now we've got a 9 month old and just cant take her along yet....... but she lets me fish when I want and doesn't complain a bit......GOD sent me a great woman!!!

15. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    MINE LIKES TO FISH AS WELL. just conditions have to be right. Can't be too HOT , and can't be too COLD. Got to have a restroom facility nearby! Can't stay gone all day or night. If they ain't biting, then it's time to go to the house!!!
    But, Hey, I love her as well.

16. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    MAN MY WIFE LOVES TO FISH!! I REALLY ENJOY HER GOING WITH ME BUT I HATE TO SAY THIS IT HAS PUT A DAMPER ON THE GUYS NIGHTS OUT ON THE RIVER DOIN SOME WHISKER FISHIN'.. IM STUCK BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE. :eek:oooh:

17. NCHawghunter

NCHawghunter New Member

State:
    Alamance County North Car
    Mine will go occasionally from time to time.

18. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    My fiance loves to catfish. However, she loves catching gar even more and for some reason she gets some big ones. It's good to have someone who you can enjoy the outdoors with.

19. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Well guys I guess it's time to turn the table, my husbond does't like to fish much. He'll go with me every once in awhile, I think he's been out twice this year so far. He supports my fishing, thank god or we'd have a big problem. lol I hope someday he'll slow down enough to enjoy fishing with me.

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have orders from Lilly-If the boat is giong out she best be in it or have something important to do-sometimes she kicks my butt to but hey its all good I love her and wouldnt want it any other way!