i am a idiot

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by kaous, Jan 18, 2010.

1. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    Do ya'll ever get that feeling like your the biggest idiot in the world at that very time ?? Well i did today. I was sitting here cleaning my reels and rods cause i got a bunch of mud all over them and i was takeing my reels apart when i realized (after i cleaned them) that i had no clue how to put them back together.:bulgy-eyes: Well then i started to look for the paper to explain to me how to put the reels back together when i remembered that i had threw out the box with the paper in it ....... So at about that time it dawned on me that i am a idiot. Well just thought i would share this with ya'll and to say if you ever think your gonna take your reels apart don't throw away the paper that explains how to put it back together. I'll talk to ya'll later and hopefully i'll figure out how to put it back together. happy fishing

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Your not an idiot...I tried to take a couple of abu baitcasters apart a couple years ago to clean, never could get them back together right and they went in the trash.

I will never take a reel apart to clean again, just use it till it dies.

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I just ay the pieces flat on the table in the order they came off in

4. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    well that makes me feel a little better.....i think i got most of it back together the right way...... just can't figure out the clicker side part. O well i guess i'll just go out looking for a new reel today. Besides my B-Day is comeing up soon.:Happy:So i guess i can go and get me a new reel hehe.

5. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    some places will put it back together for you..But if your married tel your wife you didnt know that untill you already bought the reel from a place that has no returns!!Lmao

6. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    well i'm great on abu's not much on anything else when i first started working on them i had enough spare parts left over to rebuild another:fingers-crossed:

7. otalldon

otalldon New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Google, you can google anything. Type in the reel number and you should find instructions. I often do things that fit into the category of an idiot and Google always has the cure.

8. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    You are brave man, I would have never told that on myself...LOL

Good luck bro!

9. oklakugels

oklakugels New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I did the same thing but with a Shakespeare spinning reel. Don't feel too bad man!

10. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Garcia's are not that bad to put back together, penn's are another story. Some of them come apart like a two dollar watch.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  12. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    dont feel bad, i took mine apart before and had to take another reel identical to it apart to remember where all the pieces went.

anyone that is ready to through a reel away because they cant get it together, PM or call me, ill pay for the shipping if you are just going to throw it away...

13. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    Well i figured out how to put it all back together with a little help from my dad. Though there is still one problem....... I lost a part lol. there was this little cylinder shaped piece bout half a inch wide n bout half a inch tall. Let my girl friend look at it and it flew in to pieces and thats the only piece i haven't found yet. Of course the place where it flew apart at was on the couch.......:crying::bulgy-eyes:. that piece went to the side where the clicker is at. everything works on it except when u go to cast it. the line keeps spinning and wont stop. but i wont throw away the reel yet. maybe we'll find it amongst the lost change and the lint balls hehe:fingers-crossed:. GL to everyone out there and have a good day.

14. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Things like that is why I buy a cheapo walmart reel fish with it till it falls apart toss it in the river and buy another.

15. lmao....

16. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    :bulgy-eyes:Heh, heh I've done it too, but I guess you gotta callum like you seeum.:time-out:

17. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I would say that several on here have done the same thing. :qq:

18. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    When I first started buying what you guys know as Abus.. They came with a tube of spare parts, keeper rings, bushings , screws and such. I think cases like you loosing the part was why. Once you been doing it for 30 to 35 years you'll be a pro at it. Don't be so hard on yourself, that's just one of lifes lessons my friend. Now the part ya lost in the couch!! Get you a magnet that you can use where you can't see. Down in the edges and such. Now I'll let you figure out how I know this.

19. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    What Brand and model Reel did you dissect??

Because,, some idiot at a factory put it together,, so, that shouldn't stop any of us from messin' with them..:laugh1:

20. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    Eric the biggest difference I see in you and me is I would have never told it.lol