I always knew my husband loved to fish...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Shaky's Wife, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Shaky's Wife

Shaky's Wife New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I always knew my husband loved to fish. That's one of the reasons I love him - I love to fish, too. Of course, I always differentiate between "fishing" and what I call "big boy fishing." "Fishing" involves a bobber, some beer, and plenty of sunshine. "Big boy fishing" involves things like jugs and the alarm going off at 4 AM. I like to fish...but when the alarm goes off before the sun comes up, I'm not going.

We recently had our first child. On December 22nd (an entire week LATE, and if you're a woman, you know how bad that sucked), I gave birth to our son, whom I named after my husband. The first thing my husband said to me as he held our new son was, "You did so good." This was followed by the necessary "I love you so much." And this was soon followed by, "I'm taking our son fishing this weekend."

That was just one of 37,548 statements and/or actions that expressed my husband's love of fishing.

But he really got me laughing last night, and I don't even know if he knows why. I was on the floor with the camera, trying to capture our son smiling on film. I must have taken 10 or 13 pictures. When I was done, I handed the camera over to my husband so he could put the pics on the computer. But before he would do that, he had to take pictures, too...not of our son, but of his fishing pole.

So, in a camera full of baby pictures, there are several shots of one of my husband's favorite fishing poles. (Now, mind you, my husband has about 10 fishing poles, but there are only 2 types. There is his favorite fishing pole, and the remaining 9 ALL fall under the category of his "other favorite fishing pole.")

I'm sorry, but it just cracked me up. And as I was flipping through the pics of our son and his fishing pole, I realized it was pretty perfect...the 2 things he absolutely loves.

(But seriously? Pictures of his fishing pole???!??)

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    first off welcome sis second taking pics of the pole its a man thing lol we love showing off ouer poles lol

3. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Welcome to the BOC/USCA.
    Maybe in a few years , all 3 of you will have sets of 'favorite combos'.
    Until then , it's the baby's word against everyone else's.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A big Howdy and welcome aboard Samantha. Hope you enjoy this as much as the rest of us do.Glad to have ya with us.Sister Pat

5. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    HELP yes he needs a good Doctor one that fishes would be best. He'll need theropy for at least 2 fishing seasons with the Doc. We feel for you sugar , the big lug probable has named his favorite rod, Ginger . Now run get the phone book an look up that Doc lol . Nice to see you here , good fishing.

6. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Howdy sis! Welcome to the nuthouse. We have a ladies section on here. Be sure to check it out. And congrats on the baby. Maybe he won't be late for everything!

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome aboard Samantha.I guess it,s just a man thing.LOL.Why do women need 30 pairs of shoes?lol:wink:

8. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    Welcome!! Congrats on the baby boy!! That is just too funny about the pole! What can ya say....lol..... some men have their "toys". Eventho catfishing equipment can run on up there in cost at times, at least It is not as pricey as other big boy toys!...............and I must say at the last Pickwick gathering a member showed me and Leslie (punkin570) his pole and yes he was just as proud as anyone could be. Must be a man thing..LOL:boy:

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the USCA Samantha. We do love our poles. The wives and the babies. Not necessarly in that order!! LOL

10. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    welcome! from a mans point of view fishing is a passionate hobby. i love it so much i dream about it. but our first and foremost love is our family and i want to congratulate ya'll on your new addition to the family. i know your hubby is proud of his rods but wait till you see the smile on his face when your son catches his first fish i hope you have the cam ready for that cause that will be priceless. i remember when my grandson caught his first fish and i think i was prouded than he was. i hope i never lose that precious memory. i could not sleep the other night so about 3 in the morning instead of watching tv i went out and got my favorite rod and reel and brought it in and cleaned it and rerigged it. but i have not named it yet. ha ha. you will enjoy this family they are the best!

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Congradulations on the birth of your son and may you have many more great memories as your thread describe.. Great post.

12. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    Welcome to the USCA Samantha:handshake: and Congratulations on the birth of your son :boy::Happy:

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Samantha Welcome to the USCA, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading your post and looking at the pics you post.

14. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Welcome Samantha I have a ? what is the problem LOL my poles [or at least some of them] are always in my truck

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First of all WELCOME to the U.S.C.A.Good to see another new member.
    Second Con grads on the new family addition.Now when we gonna see those pictures
    of the bouncing baby boy.We all like looking at pictures.

16. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    do they make little kid tiger ugly sticks and 6500's??...