I almost thought it was Turkey day.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Nov 7, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We were going out, I'd just open the garage, looked over at the neighbors house. Well, at their front door was this large Turkey! At first I didn't think it was real, until it started walking around. It was like it was waiting on someone to open the door. I ran for my camera... there was no need to hurry, it wasn't going anywhere. The people that lived there were gone

We haven't seen a turkey in this area since we lived here. Later after we came home I noticed the turkey was at their back door. The turkey spent the night on their back porch. Today the neighbor told us they didn't know where it came from. Almost in time for Thanksgiving. :big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    So, what's for dinner?

3. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    -**KA POWWWW**

-"Start the deep frier."

-"WHAT THE **** JUST HAPPENED!?"

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Aint that something. Nice looking bird. Wonder how it taste.:smile2:
    Maybe he decided to be first in line for the meal. Waiting in line for the word, 'next" can be nerve racking. LOL. :sweat:

Might just be me or the pic but does it look like something on it's right leg.
    Like a tag or maybe some kind of collar for a lash or something.
    Might belong to someone around there or if game preserve release some in the area for re population, maybe a tag to call it in after kill or to monitor it from satellite. so they can keep up with population etc..
    They do that on some fish and animal's.

Guess I better get ready. Got to clean the deep fryer. :big_smile:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    FRY! FRY! FRY! LOL! What ever happened to stuffin and fightin over the last part that went over the fence. LOL!

Cool pic and story. THANX!

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey DH get the trash can ready we have a volunteer

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dan, you're right, that is a leg ring. We still don't have a clue where it came from, maybe the leg ring will help.

Funny why it went to their house and wants to stay at the doors. May be because it can see itself in their front and back door for they have glass storm doors. Neighbor said he would run an ad in the paper but this close to Thanksgiving he knew someone would claim it and kill it. I think he wants to keep it for a pet.

Had it came to our house it would have been on our table on Thanksgiving. :lol: