I aint gonna make it

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Feb 10, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thru the winter, I give up! I have spent a ton of money on new tackle, it has not helped....I have spooled my reels with line, organizes stuff, it aint helped!

Yesterday I took my wife to Red Lobster, and a movie, it aint helped.

Today I have cleaned the house did laundry and dishes, it aint helped.

Winter just plain sucks, I think I might die of boredom before spring...I wish I could hibernate from december thru March!:eek:oooh:

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Hey Jack .... I think the only way to get through these next few weeks is to go to the hospital and be put into a chemical coma .... it might work ...:cool2:

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I feel your pain Jack. Hang in there you might just make it to spring.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hear ya brother! I too have spent all my winter savings on gear, memorized the BassPro, Cabelas, and numerouse other catalogs, done the unmentionable household chores, sat thru unbearable chic flicks with the wife, and wore a path around the local Gander Mountain (yeah, been there so much I have their customers recognizing me and asking me where to find stuff, lol). Hang in there, springs comin slow but sure.:big_smile:

5. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    This is truly the worst time of year. No hunting or fishing. I tried ice fishing once but below zero wind chills put quite a damper on that idea. If someone comes up with any ideas to pass the time i for one will listen.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I can relate. Yesterday i found some stuff marked down at wally world. 75 bux later, i make it home. Spent the afternoon tinkering with my boat installing new seats. Today i guess i'll play with the new tackle i got yesterday. Woke up with ice on my sidewalk this mornin and winter time depression is hitting an all time high. Can't be winter forever, or can it?

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i hear all of you.. i was planning on good weather and a day of fishing tomorrow with skip, sounds like snow, and ice again.. prob. just be sitting at home talking about the fish we would have caught again!:smile2: rollo

8. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Boys, if you can make it to Florida on the cheap, I will set you up with my little boat and you can do some sea catfishing right by the back of the house. No charge, just want to see you make it thru the winter.
    Dan

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Hang in there guys, March is right around the corner! Soon the channels will be biting good and then we should be seeing flatheads by mid April.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i better see some flats before mid- april! :wink: rollo

11. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Jack, I have a cure for you brother, just load up all your gear and don't forget the boat, bring it all down here to Texas and I'll give you a place to stay and we can just go fishing here, I can put you on some nice blues and flatties during most of the winter here in Texas. It would be like a vacation and a break away from all that real cold and snowy weather.

:big_smile::wink::cool2:

12. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Guess this may not be a good thread to post the fact that I'm going fishin Tuesday night like I do every Tuesday night all year long :smile2: What a difference a few miles makes. Even when the Flatheads slow down, the Blues and Channels Keep hitting all year long. Well I would type more but I need to check my gear so I don't waste time rerigging tomorrow. :smile2:
    Ya'll have a nice day and try to stay warm. :tounge_out:

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Winter doesn't usually bother me but this year it sure has. I have purchased new fishing toys also and got other things checked off to purchase in the future. I want to go fishing and if Don't I think I'll go nutz!1~~~Sister Pat:crazy::crazy::roll_eyes::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    man i feel your pain ! that trip to flordia dont sound bad ,but cant go :sad2:

15. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    You'll be alright man. Only a little over a month to go hopefully. It sure is tuff waiting to a fish ain't it. Or atleast just being able to go.

16. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im not goihg to make either.
    My day starts by taking a ride by the river.
    Thinking when the weather is going to break.
    One day it is nice . Then the next is cold.
    Then I see pictures of Blues.Thinking that Ishould Try.
    Down in the ohio river.

17. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yea man this weather sucks. It would be worth your time if you could make it to the ohio. The blues are bitin pretty good still.

18. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    One day Imight make down there.
    Thanks again

19. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I tell ya what I even have had the luxury of fishing the big river all winter and I am still ready for spring so I can't imagine what you guys are going through..:embarassed::eek:oooh:

20. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Yea, I'm ready for some Flatheads myself. Already keeping an eye on the water temps. Ky. Lake is at 49 degrees and Lake Barkley is at 50, won't be long now :wink: