I about killed dan

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Mar 22, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Me and my sisters kid "dumplins" who is a grown man met dan at columbia bottoms to try out my new 997 side imaging fish finder. Well, I forgot to bring the knobs to hold it on to the mount but I was still able to use it. Anyway right away I get hung up on a underwater dyke. I hit the same damn dyke three times. i was just glad i did not tear up my boat. So we head down to the mississippi. Some how I got between the bank and a Big ole barge. Wow those waves were big, we were swamped big time. Dan kept saying go straight into them do not go side ways. My boat had a hell of a lot of water in it the waves were comming over the side.and the bilgle pump would not work. After we figured out we were going to live Dan said lets go back up the missouri so we called it a day. I bet he will not go out with me again. Sorry dan at least I got you back alive.

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Don't feel bad Patrick, Dan tried to kill me down here one night.:smile2: He is always involved in some sort of shenanigans. At least you all made it back in one piece and you probably learned some life lessons about boating on the river.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That sounds like one of them thar bonified nutrolls!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the rollin' club! LOL!!!

BB in SC

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    So, did you turn on the HB before you hit those dikes? :wink:
    Hope you marked them as a waypoint or something, so you know where they are next time. lol
    Thanks for sharing with us.

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    About killed Dan??? :eek:oooh: What the hell, you just practicing? :crazy: You "Show-Me" guys cant get anything right. Should have known better, runnin around with a grown man named "Dumplin". :wink: Now get in there and get the job done right next time. :smile2::smile2::smile2: J/K :roll_eyes:.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I try to keep up with Gateway stuff, at least SOME of the time, but I don't know where that "Team Nutroll" designation came from..... I've been wondering lately?

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I had nothing to do with that Tanya. Nope, you'll have to run down gpolce, nessie, and Pearl for the origons of Team Nutroll. :smile2:

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Dan, I promise, I did not save Pat's life so he could kill you!:wink:

9. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Hopefully, those dikes will be visable next time i go out, if not I am sure going to make sure I stay away from them. I was only going a coupe of miles a hour when I hit it, again and again:smile2: The barge thing is what was scarey It was like a tsunami and we were trapped and could not get away from them. We had to ride it out for about a quater mile.

10. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now that is some funny stuff right there!!

Really, all of this was not as bad as Patrick is letting on, no lives were in danger....but only because I am such a great swimmer!:wink: I think this may indeed qualify for a nutroll experience though.

Patrick, it was good meeting you and "Dumplin'" this afternoon. Thanks for letting me check out your new HB rig. Not to fret, we will get out on the river again and slay a few cats. Don't worry about the close call(s)...you are still learning in what can be a very challenging enviornment even for very seasoned boaters. How does the saying go? Any landing you can walk away from is a good one?

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, Patrick, Kutter meant do something horrible to Freespool Dan, not this Dan, when he told you what you could do to repay him for saving your life:smile2:

12. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad you guys made it through safe. You must always pay attention to your surroundings on these big rivers for sure, things happen suddenly. I know you guys all had your lifejackets on right?

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Kind of like mine in Burbank today :smile2:

14. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Glad everyone made it home safely. :eek:oooh:

Did I mention LIFEJACKETS????? Another example of a situation where they might have been a good idea. Don't wait until you NEED one to put one on.

Okay, enough from the safety police.:roll_eyes:

Don't beat yourself up over it Patrick.......let us do it for you!:smile2:

New screen name anyone???????

15. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Not going to beat myself up, I am sure there will be other scary days out there. I do respect the river. I was going slow, Next time i will be even more careful. I got to test my 997 and it seemed to be working alright, Going out in a few days where I can mess with it for a lot of the day.

16. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey Patrick, I got your message but not till later that day. I was up and out of the house early and forgot to take the phone with me! :crazy: Sounds like I should have been out there to follow you guys around!!!:smile2::smile2:

Glad everybody made it off the river alright!

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Just funning with you Patrick. :wink:

We'll keep it on the list for the prestigious 'NUTROLL 2009' award. Theres already some tough competition and it's only March.:smile2:

18. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Thanks bill This was only the second time I had the boat on the river And I just wanted to know if you were going incase I needed a tow. However it runs great so I will be alright.

Darryl I am sure I may get the nutroll award before the season is out.

19. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    we had a cruise up to louisiana with the searay club two summers ago and one of those barges almost flipped half of our parade

20. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Yeh, I would say that's a NUTROLL. If you guys are going to have a NUTROLL award it should be a NUTROLL shirt and hat signed by Greg MASTER " NUTROLL".