The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
10,674 Posts
There is one on the Ill, IN border at Terra Haute but that is probably too far for you. Of course you can always order it. But last time I checked (yesterday) Academy Sports was totally out.

Most places that offer them have a phone number also so it is easy to check if the item is in stock before ordering.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Bottom Dwellers has 3" cigar floats for 21 cents each ($21.12 for 100)

·
Administrator
10,674 Posts
That is a very good price with several options including color and quantity.

I don't think you have to worry about the CA warning unless you decide to eat the bobbers. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
173 Posts
Or you can go to comal floats website.. doesn't matter what other people says I buy the floats at academy in fort Smith.....
Hmmm. I just Googled Academy in Illinois.
It showed there’s only one in the entire state? That seems strange.
It’s in O’Fallon.
Seems there would be at least 20 in a state the size and population of Illinois.

·
Administrator
10,674 Posts
Indiana is not a lot better. We have one in Terra Haute and one in Evansville. Both far west side of the state and south.

I live 50 miles from one and have been to it 4 times I think. I guess it is the same as Waffle House restaurants. Here in IN we have one every 50 miles and in Alabama there is one every three blocks.

But still, it is not hard to look up products on the internet. And it doesn't take too long get them thru the mail. It is nice to hold some things in your hand before purchasing but that isn't always possible.

We are talking about bobbers, at the huge price (look above) of 23 cents each. Maybe a few bucks shipping.

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
173 Posts
I guess it is the same as Waffle House restaurants. Here in IN we have one every 50 miles and in Alabama there is one every three blocks.
I know what you mean, Tom. We have several WH locations in OkC.
I saw a billboard on I20, East of Atlanta that said, “247 Waffle House locations in metro Atlanta “
I guess it makes sense, since that’s where it started.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,864 Posts
I think that academy sports actually started in Texas I think.... So I'm sure it's slowly moving north kind of like Whataburger:cool:

·
Registered
Steve from Mississippi
1,115 Posts
It did start in Texas. I wanted to franchise one about 10yrs ago here locally but found out they don't franchise. They put one about 4yrs ago in one location I wanted to put one. It is doing fantastic. It sells out often but is restocked pretty quick. They ran the 3'' floats on clearance for $1 a pack of 3. If they all did that it explain why they are sold out. I got several.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I’m wanting to stock up an new bobbers for next spring but I can’t find any for a santee rig. I use around 4 oz weight an I’m looking for a inline float to raise my bait off the bottom. I use cut bluegills an Shad an I’m stuck an can’t find any bobbers anywhere.
THe last ones I bought came off e-bay. Search for cigar floats. I normally use 2 1/2 or 3" floats. I normally buy them about 50 at a time. I fish with the Santee rig normally on Lake Moultrie. Always had good luck finding them there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m wanting to stock up an new bobbers for next spring but I can’t find any for a santee rig. I use around 4 oz weight an I’m looking for a inline float to raise my bait off the bottom. I use cut bluegills an Shad an I’m stuck an can’t find any bobbers anywhere.
bett’s 3” cigar bobbers work great. Find them anywhere even eBay

·
Premium Member
Kansas City, Missouri
54 Posts
I use 3 inch cigar and 2.5 inch oval floats on my rigs. Going to start using wood though, it has better floatation.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,864 Posts
I believe this is the peg that I bought at it from academy

21 - 35 of 35 Posts