The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m wanting to stock up an new bobbers for next spring but I can’t find any for a santee rig. I use around 4 oz weight an I’m looking for a inline float to raise my bait off the bottom. I use cut bluegills an Shad an I’m stuck an can’t find any bobbers anywhere.

·
Administrator
10,647 Posts
With a length of pool noodle, some PVC, some quality wire, a sinker slide, a swivel, a screwdriver and a drill, you can easily make your own.

The cost is minimal.

You can easily add glow sticks for night time use.

Makes an easy project for those snowed in months.

Finding a pool noodle locally this time of year might be an issue.

I don't know of anything the store bought Floats will do that these won't and they were fun to make. A little length of pool noodle will hold up a lot of weight and it is simple to test it's capability ahead of time with a bucker and some water.

The wire on the side of the noodle, goes completely thru the PVC has a 90* bend right at the level of the noodle and then another 90* bend before it is pressed down into the foam. It could also be glued as an alternative.

The "V" shaped bail is made by putting a length od wire completely thru the PVC. Then use a Phillips screwdriver to pry the wire up and out of the PVC. Just bending the loose end against the pipe will secure it.

Your main line just goes thru the sinker slide and down to your bait (not thru the PVC). Use a Bobber stop and bead on your main line to set the depth.

To add a small chem stick, just push part of it between the PVC and foam on the top side. Toy can use a Chem stick bracelet and secure it by adding a ziplock around the noodle to tuck the ends under.

Give it some thought.

·
Administrator
10,647 Posts
You can make it so a small plastic stem goes they the center of the pool noodle and a bobber stop settles at the center top of the float if you give it a little thought. The plastic lid on products like Pringles Chips may come in handy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These kind of bobbers do you guys use just the regular cigar floats or a certain size.

·
Administrator
10,647 Posts
I see, I misunderstood. You are just needing the styrofoam floats that go on the leader???????

·
Administrator
10,647 Posts
I have always used the 3 inch, styrofoam, cigar floats

·
Administrator
10,647 Posts
Sure, if they are the size you want. Nothing technical about a cigar float. Some prefer the slotted float so it can be easily added or removed. I prefer the unspotted.

Or you might save a little with one of these. Your choice.

3 inch styrofoam cigar floats

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,851 Posts
Academy sports has them and they're cheaper than Walmart.. that's where I get mine

·
Administrator
10,647 Posts
And they do not carry an unweighted 3 inch cigar float per searching their site. Also if you tell the search to show only IN Stock products they do not have any styrofoam floats at all.

Stocking shelves is hard to do.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I buy them at WM, for some reason our local store does not stock them but another store about 40 miles away always has had them in stock when I was there. I am just the opposite of Tom, I like the slotted ones. Not trying to change your mind in any way but I bought a bunch of imitation demon dragons from the big mail order supplier for less than $1.00 ea. and unless I snag and can't get loose they seem to be very durable. I have had big fish tear the cigar floats up during the fight and had them tear out when snagged too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m wanting to stock up an new bobbers for next spring but I can’t find any for a santee rig. I use around 4 oz weight an I’m looking for a inline float to raise my bait off the bottom. I use cut bluegills an Shad an I’m stuck an can’t find any bobbers anywhere.
I just bought these and they should be in any day now. Hope this helps.

Opens image gallery
Comal-Tackle-Oval-Peg-Float-Fishing-Bobber

Move over photo to zoom
  • Comal-Tackle-Oval-Peg-Float-Fishing-Bobber thumbnail 1

Shop with confidence

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more- eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab
Seller information
fishgrain (16047 )
100% Positive feedback

Save this Seller
Contact seller
Visit store
See other items

Comal Tackle Oval Peg Float Fishing Bobber

Condition:
New
Size (length):
- Select -2.5"
Quantity and Color:
- Select -25pk Red50pk Red25pk Yellow50pk Yellow25 each color - 50 total
Quantity:
2 available133 sold / See feedback

Price:
US $15.00

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
170 Posts
Tom, if you have a Dollar Tree in your area, you might check there for a noodle.
They usually have them, for a dollar each, here in OkC.

·
Administrator
10,647 Posts
Tom, if you have a Dollar Tree in your area, you might check there for a noodle.
They usually have them, for a dollar each, here in OkC.
Thanks for the thought GP but I always keep those here at the house. I think I have three on the front porch. I was thinking large fishing floats was what Ryan was asking about but it wasn't. Anyway, thanks.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,851 Posts
Or you can go to comal floats website.. doesn't matter what other people says I buy the floats at academy in fort Smith.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts