Hypothetically speaking....

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Ketch, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    If the Pats are 15-0 going into the last game of the season against the Giants (who most likely have something to play for still), does the undefeated record mean anything? Belichek has played people and rested people on the final game, so what does he do, and what would you do?

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    After What Don shula said about the Pats, I'm gonna play all My starters, try to put it to the Giants and put the game outta reach ASAP and then rest the 1st teamers

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I agree, I would put it to them early if possible, hoping to rest the starters part of the 2nd half.

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yea, it should not take that long against the Giants, maybe half way in to the 2nd quarter or so.

5. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Good question. It is hard to predict what Bilichek will do, but I think he'll see it as any other game and do whatever he thinks is necessary to win. I wouldn't be surprised if Brady played the entire game. If the Pats are up 30 pts in the 4th quarter, Cassel might get in the game, but he'd better not make a mistake or he'll be back on the bench:roll_eyes:. Bilichek doesn't subscribe to conventional wisdom.

6. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I tend to think that Belichek, no matter how good of a coach he is, is a complete egomaniac.

I think he is doing his best to crush everyone (running up scores when he can) as a retaliation against the NFL for catching him in the act and punishing him. I also think that Brady beating Mannings record is important to him...a feather in his cap if you will. I also think that he would love Brady to beat Marino's single season yardage record along with the all time scoring record for a team. IMHumbleO, Belichek wants these as some sort of validation. Validation not for how good he is (I think we all have to admit he is a really good coach), but for how little the NFL could do to stop him.

Just my opinion.

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'd have to agree with that assessment. They have somehow turned themselves into the victims and it's working very well for them. They want to set every single record they possibly can to show everyone that they can't be stopped no matter how hard anyone tries.

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Genius isn't it!