Hyco Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by carolinamudcat, Jun 12, 2009.

1. carolinamudcat

carolinamudcat New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    I fished Hyco Lake last night with a couple of buddies and we ended up catching 23 cats ranging from about 3-6lbs. We caught them all on liver between 9:30 pm and 2:00am. Does anyone here fish Hyco? I'm curious how big these fish get because from what I hear the water temperature is a good 10 degrees warmer than other lakes year round. Someone even said you can swim by the powerplant in the wintertime!! With all this warm water cats could grow pretty big I'd imagine. anyone caught any monsters from hyco?

2. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    Sounds like a great day on the water. I have done some bass fishing on Hyco and it seems to me like it could have some big cats cause of the water temp. I have thought about fishing where the warm water flows out but haven't made the trip up. Where were you fishing? Were you catching channels, flats, blues?

3. carolinamudcat

carolinamudcat New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    I was fishing off a friends dock and in the inlet his dock is on. I'm not sure exactly where it is but the back of the powerplant where the water flows in is pretty close to the inlet. We were catching mostly flats with a few channels and blues here and there.