Hybrids in the Hooch

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by swamp stomper, Mar 31, 2008.

1. swamp stomper

swamp stomper New Member

State:
    GA.
    Finally made time to go went Friday and Saturday.
    Caught 12 on Fri. and 19 on Sat. 5 on sat were in the 4lb range.
    Was using Rattletraps and swim baits, when they were biting they would kill it and then turn off and wouldn't get a bit and then they would start hitting again. The actions like that with the Hybrids anyone know why they are like that?

SS

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Do you ever fish near Victory Drive?

3. NCHawghunter

NCHawghunter New Member

State:
    Alamance County North Car
    I used to put in at Bulldog Bait and Tackle off Victory Drive all the time. I've caught some MONSTERS down in the hooch.

4. swamp stomper

swamp stomper New Member

State:
    GA.
    You both know my secret place don't tell!
    I fish from Bulldog down to River Bend. It's no longer Bulldog bait and takle though its under new management. Alot better than it used to be! I fish alot through Ft.Benning on the curves in the deep stuff for cats. My biggest so far has been a 30lb. Blue. I've only found some small flat heads but I know theres big ones if there are small ones around!! The Hybrids I caught were at the mouth of the Upatoi I guess there going up it to spawn.
    SS

5. NCHawghunter

NCHawghunter New Member

State:
    Alamance County North Car
    I used to do pretty good on the channel cats right at the mouth of Bull Creek on down to state docks or whatever they call it. (The docks on the Alabama side)

6. swamp stomper

swamp stomper New Member

State:
    GA.
    I fish that area alot when a fresh rain hits and the waters flowin good out of bull creek the cats bite real good! I've caught some up to 16lbs in that area!
    We hang out on the sand bar on the AL. side when we pull an all nighter if we are runnin bush hooks or jug lines.
    SS

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I used to fish down there and had great success. I typically put in over at the "abandoned" ramp on fryer field, fort benning. I doubt very many people even remember its there. Check it out, its on the maps.

8. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    i don`t like the fish out of the hooch . it is to pouleted . i catch my eating fish from ocmulgee and the flint .the 2 cleanest rivers in the state .guess the altamaha should be it doesen`t have theat menny large town with sewarge spilled in it . hooch gits all of atlanta:sad2:

9. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    My mother-inlaw lives 5 minutes from that dock. I'll be down there in June I hope the fishing is good then. :cool2: