Hutto Area Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by vclifford28, Aug 21, 2008.

1. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm new to the site and was wondering is there anywhere good to fish around here.I don't have a boat and all the places I've been to I caught nothing! Need some help!

2. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Welcome aboard.

I spent spring break '07 at granger. Caught an 11 lb and 15 lb blue if I remember right on that trip. Tore the channel cats up. All caught on weenies. All of it was in a small jon boat though... straight across from the campground. If I remember right there was a little creek feeding the lake near the campground... bet you could catch some there.

Good luck

3. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Howdy, I used to live near there. You can fish Granger. Try fishing along the dam or behind it and the primitive boat ramp is really good. There is an oxbow there the hold fish....it might be to shallow right now though.

Also when I lived there I was new to Texas. I read a book on Catfish so I ran some trot lines in Brushy Creek near the Triple Crown dog acadamy. I think it's called Normans crossing. I did really well there. Caught channels and a flathead in there. Dont be discouraged of the shallow water. Those flatheads are in there. Find an area with lots of undercuts and fish. You may have to walk alot of river but you'll get on some fish. I quite fishing there when I learned I could hunt in Granger but it was pretty good there. I used spot tail minnows for bait.