Husqvarna riding mower

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Apr 28, 2008.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Anyone know anything about the Husqvarna riding mowers?? I am looking at 2008 model with a 46 inch deck, has a Kohler engine, which I have always heard is a good motor?? Any input?

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just bought a Husquvarna chain saw, and I love it.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I got a used husky 11hp rider and that thing aint no joke-I had a 15 hp craftsman & it was junk compared to this little demon-I call it the yard hater.They make good saws to thats fer sure Jim.
    Kohler motors are the better motor Id say your gonna spend alot but your gonna get what u pay for to!I cant see where it is a bad chioce!

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    the only bad thing about Kohler is (around here) they dont let service shops keep their parts on hand so you'll have to wait if ya need a part. i just couldnt afford to wait on parts so i went to Kawasaki which is a good engine also. im a Stihl man but a Husky is a close 2nd w/ me. just a different shade of orange :wink:

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I dont think a Husky and a Husqvarna are the same mower or company.

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Excuse Kenny, he talks funny. lol:smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dont make me go take a pic of the dreaded Yard Hater:wink:

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i have an LTH130 that i bought from my church when they upgraded.....an excellent mower, in my opinion:big_smile:

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    oh yeah, forgot to say it was 6 years old when i bought it and i have had it for 5 years....the steering wears out too fast but i like it overall:big_smile:

10. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I have a Husqvarna riding mower and I love it. It is the best mower I have owned and I have gone through quite a few during the past 35 years.

11. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Over ten years ago I went shopping for a riding mower. I was dead set against Murray, and refused to go anywhere but to local dealers.

However, while talking to a salesman at a local dealer, I noticed that he was dead set on selling a few Murray tractors that he happened to have, which was rather foolish considering Wal-Mart also sold them.

He commenced telling me that all riding mowers are manufactured in one of two plants in the US. He claimed that one riding mower is about as good as another.

After a while of listening to him rant, I excused myself and left. I went to Wal-Mart, bought a better Murray for a cheaper price.

In my eleventh grass-cutting season, cutting two acres weekly for long Virginia grass-growing seasons, the Murray still cuts! I have yet to replace the plugs in the dual-cylinder "IC" B&S engine. Only a few minor replacements along the way, but considerable attention to cleaning and maintaining the deck.

No, I will never buy another Murray mower, nor will I recommend one, but this one sure has lasted.

Moral of the story...I have learned that lemons and keepers exist in just about every brand; it's just that some manufacturers make more keepers than junk, and those are the companies to buy from! :big_smile:

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Matt: I bought a new Husky several years ago thought I did good,WRONG It was JUNK from day 1, didnt make it through the season.Just another throw away cheap made piece of sh#% ! :angry:

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hear you Joel. I'm still using a 10 year old Murray that my father in law bought. He lived on a farm and had a large yard. He's gone and now wife and I take care of the place and that Murray is still running great!. The ONLY maintenance it's had is an oil change ever couple years, new batteries and several sets of new blades. Blades don't last long when cutting mole hills. :smile2:

Well, once the motor almost fell off it. I had been "letting" wife do the cutting while I weed it. The mower stop moving due to the drive belt slipping. The cause... the motor had slipped forward, there was only one engine bolt left in place and it fell out when I shook the motor! By luck I happen to have other bolts. I placed nuts and lock washers on those. The original bolts were only studs.
    Father in law had a Murray before the last one... it never wore out, after many years he just wanted a new one.

14. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Okay, after reading Pat and Dayton's responses, perhaps I will consider buying another Murray! :cool2:

One thing is for certain...I could afford two-and-a-half Murray mowers for the price of one of those zero-turn radius mowers.