Husbands Health

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by pk_powell, Aug 3, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well I thought I'd poet and let you know as some of you already do about my husband's health. We wnt to our umteenth doctor visit today,and was told there was nothing more that could be done for his spine.He will be in Chronic Pain the rest of his life. The two surgeries he has had each one a year apart was to fuse the bad disks in his neck,they are now completely fused and there is no sign of anymore damage.The Chronic pain is something that sometimes happens to a patient after surgery.you're in pain before surgery and you have lost your grip and strength in arms and hands,so they go in and repair the bad disks,you get your strength back but your pain becomes worse.We've been fighting his job trying to get permenent and total disability so we can have an income and insurance to take care of the medical bills. He has been repeatedly turned down.So,now our attorney has petioned a judge to hear them out face to face and strive to get his disability awarded to him.
    The doc said today he was referring my husband on to a rehab doctor to see if he could be rehabilitated for anything but he didn't hold out much hope.
    We just want off of this merry-go-round- and get our lives back. He wants to go fishing so bad and oh how he loves to hunt deer Elk all of the big game.But he has to be told he's not going to hurt himself any further. He does go with me but has said if the big one hits Pat you'll have to try to bring it in cause I don't have the strength if it puts up to much of a fight.Also he really doesn't want me on the River shore by myself after dark,he is protective of me and it's much appreciated. We don't know what our lawyer is gonna do but he promises he is doing something that he will not leave us hanging.So keep good thoughts and prayers going for the Powell family,And thank you so very much for bringing as much joy into my life as you have.You are a most wonderful group of people and I guarentee you if I had the money and could get away from doctors for awhile I'd be at the National Gathering I want to meet each and every one of you cause you're real good people.Thank you for everything Family you are my heart,please rest well tonight knowing there is someone out there who thinks you are terrific-----------pk(Pat)powell BOC Sister since October 2005:smile2:

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I'm real sorry to hear that, PK. I had no idea. I bet that lawyer can come up with somethin, though... Just don't seem right that he ain't being put on some kinda disability... Best of wishes to you and your husband.

-Red

3. Mid-MO fisherman

Mid-MO fisherman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Pat,

My wife and I can relate with how frustrating it can be to allow your fate to be determined by lawyers and doctors. I hope that the ones you are dealing with are able to help your husband and get you the compensation you deserve. Although money is never enough to make the pain go away, it can keep you from losing your home and peace of mind. You and your husband are in our thoughts and prayers.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Pat, prayers & positive thoughts are on the way from Greenville, SC. Keep the faith, and things will work out.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have a buddy that is in the same boat as he is. But he has found a doctor that is helping him.
    If you like I will get you together with him and let you talk with Henry.
    He was going to have to stop working as he also was getting where his arms were not working. And even talked of killing his self. But now he is getting better.
    I have the same problem with my back and legs.
    Pete

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for your husband and family Pat. Keep us posted please.

7. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Sorry to hear the pain that your husband is in Pat! It sounds like you 2 have been through a lot and it sounds rough. I hope that somehow your husbands pain will diminish and that your frustrations with his employer will change. I'm glad that you are still able to enjoy fishing together.

8. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Pat,
    Sometimes the pain of knowing we can't do the things we want to do, can be even worse than the physical pain. I know this can't be easy for the two of you. Be strong and know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry to hear about all your pain and suffering, Pat. I hope the lawyers can work something out for you guys. Prayers go out for you and your husband.

10. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Why is the physical disability so much harder to prove to the government than the mental? It just doesn't make sense. My prayers will be with you and your husband. I hope God guides the lawyers to see to it that your husband gets the compensation he deserves. In the meantime, keep the faith. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    About 8 years ago my wife had the disc surgery also, with the titanium plates. She was in so much pain she was eating the oxycotin (sp) like they were M&M candies. They had her on 3 separate pain pills. About 1 1/2 years ago she changed doctors to the one I use. He asked her what she was taking all the pain medicenes for...she told him and he told her about nerve sensors and pain. Told her he wanted to alter her medicenes slightly. Within a year she was off all pain medication except for an occasional excedrin. Point I am making is that tommorrow is another day and you cannot tell how much sunshine your gonna receive. BUT YOU WILL GET THE SUNSHINE BACK INTO YOUR LIFE. God Bless.

12. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I think some states are easier
    than others to be able to get help. I only know about Texas and Oklahoma.
    I have friends that have to fight to get help and some of the Cruds that have never worked in their life get right on. Who knows.
    Bill

13. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Keep you in my prayers God Bless and hope things will be better

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    PK, My thoughts and praters are with you and your husband. It sounds like you are on the right track. The lawyer should be able to help you. Please keep us posted.

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Prayers being said for P>K> and her husband. Why is it that when someone works thier whole life paying taxes and doing everything right ,that when they need help from our fine government all we get is a hard slap in the face. Just keep your faith and keep on believing.
    Can't blame your husband for not wanting you out there at night by your self fishing,it is dangerous out there. Good luck,hang in there,and GOD BLESS!!

16. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Pat

Dear sweet sister, you and your husband have been added to my prayer list. Remember, God is a good God, and and Awesome God. Through him, ALL things are possible.

17. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I'll be thiking of you all . Prayers out.
    Brian