Husband and Wife get Personal best on same day!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ladyfish50, Oct 29, 2007.

1. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I just have to share this story with you. Some of you may know that I've talked alot about getting a good buck.
    Well, this past Saturday morning was opening day in Louisiana. My husband & I, for various reasons, had not had time to properly work up our lease as far as food plots, throwing corn, filling feeders, cleaning up around stands, etc. So Saturday morning we just went out & got in our stands. About 9:45 I saw a small yearling doe come out of a thicket. She acted real nervous & kept looking around. Suddenly she tucked her tail & bolted away in the opposite side of the thicket. Okay, now I'm interested!! Within a minute, I see a head pop out of the thicket...and it has antlers!! Finally!! He steps out at 30yds, broadside, & stops to look for the doe. One shot, he turns & runs back to the thicket. I radio my husband, who tells me to sit still, he's on his way. Longest 20 minutes of my life! Haha! We walk to where I shot, find blood, walk to the brush I saw him run in by, & there he is!! He's not a monster, but he's my biggest buck to date...a 7pt..and I couldn't be prouder. There was lots of huggin' & screamin' going on!!
    Then, Saturday evening, we go back to our stands. About 6:30p.m. I see possibly the same young doe come out, then trot off. Something comes out to chase her, but I can never see the head. That's okay...I got mine. Then, I hear a shot, & my husband radios me to say he's shot a buck!! He comes to pick me up; by then it's dark. We go back to our camp, get some lights & the help of my nephew Kerry & his wife Judy. We go out to look for his. It's a tough search; Judy finally picks up a very spotty blood trail, through some gosh-awful thick stuff!! After about an hour, we find him, & he's beautiful! A gorgeous 9pt!! Buddy's best deer ever! More huggin' and screamin'!!!
    Wonderful opening day!!!!
    Mine is in my avatar picture. I'll see if it'll let me post a picture of his; if not, he's Buddrice, and it's in his avatar.
    Ain't hunting wonderful??

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Way to go ,Roxie. Congrats to you both

3. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    :big_smile: Congradulations to you both! Im proud of you! They are nice bucks. My husband and I wasnt as lucky. Walking in knee deep snow wasnt my idea of 'fun' and I was ready to leave before we got started. :eek:oooh::smile2:

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for sharing your special day with us Roxie.

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Thanks for sharing. Nice to hear a "team" report....wish more couples shared it together. Yeah, lil envy here....my wife thinks I'm crazy.
    Congratulation.
    :big_smile:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Way to go Roxie!!!
    That smile you got in the pic says it all.

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Congratulations Roxie! I am so happy for you and Budrice both.

Its great to share the sport but even greater that you both got PBs on the same day! All the fine eating from those two is an added bonus. :big_smile:

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Way to go and congrates on a great day:big_smile:

9. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    congratulations. thats awesome!

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    VERY COOL THANKS FER SHAREN AND CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Way to go guys. That's a day you won't soon forget. Great looking deer. Thanks for the story and pics.

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Congrats. Roxie and Budrice, great looking deer. Thanks for sharing your story and pics.

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Roxie, congratulations to you both. As cutter stated that smile says it all. An opening day you will always remember. Thanks for sharing the story and pic's.

14. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Just a quick note.The two deer are at the taxidermy's being mounted since they were our best and taken on the same day.I think they will look good side by side semi turned towards each other with the same date on the tags.It was our best opening day of our life..:big_smile:

15. enfausen

enfausen New Member

State:
    Indiana (Rising Sun)
    Great job Roxie, sounds like you 2 had a great opening day!

16. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on the the nice deer an the nice story

17. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congragulations are definatly in order. Hats off to the both of you. Two PB's on the same day WOW. Congrats:smile2:

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats to both of you for getting your Pb. It's great to love a sport and both enjoy each others accompolishments :smile2:

19. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates to both of you! i would be back out there looking for that doe quickly. no telling what a hot doe can pull in over night.:wink: sounds like the chase has started in your area. again congratulations to both of you.

20. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Congrats to both of you. Thanks for the picture.