Hurt my knee again today..

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by youngcatfisherman55, Jul 16, 2006.

1. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Right after church I went swimming at my cousins house. I was in the pool and I turned around and somehow my left knee popped out and then sprung back in. I'm not really sure what I did to it but I got it under ice right now and it is hurting very very bad. I'm not really sure about football at this point for this upcoming year. I might just have to take a break for a year to work on my knees. This really really stinks. I can barely put any pressure on it or else it hurts like crazy and I cant move it up. I just pray I didnt do anything really bad to it. But, if I can still move, I'll be alright.:wink:

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Man, take it easy on the knee, if it were me I would give football a rest for a while! Hope it gets better soon!

3. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    After you pop your knee out once it takes a long time to recover. Even though it feels ok it pops out very easy after that. My suggestion is to take it easy and do squats, leg extensions, leg presses with light weight several times this will help build the muscle back up around the knee area. Even climbing stairs and that sort of thing helps just nothing to stranious.
    I have had several knee injuries and had my ankle screwed back together. Take care of yourself and nurse it back. God Bless and good luck.

4. youngcatfisherman55

State:
    South Carolina
    My mom took me to the hospital last night cause my knee had swole up so bad I couldnt move it. They took and X-ray and said that there is so much swelling they couldnt tell completely but it looked like a torn ligament. I have to go to a orthopedic on Friday or Saturday to get it checked out again.

5. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Yeah, I'm always hurt too, so I'm takin next year off in sports. 5 surgeries for different injuries last summer, and this summer I've had a couple of cracked bones, and last night I dislocated a toe.

6. youngcatfisherman55

State:
    South Carolina
    I hope you get to feeling better there buddy. I might have to do physical therapy on my left knee after this is all over.

7. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Hope you feel better very soon. Just do what the Dr says and you'll be good to go faster than you know. Your in my prayers.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So sorry to hear of your injury! Take care and get well soon. Keep us posted!
    pk powell:smile2:

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Poor baby, I'm so sorry about your knee. Ouch, that hurts! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

10. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Take it easy on that knee its gotta last you a lifetime. But the surgery nowadays work miracles unlike when i was your age.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You have got one big thing going in your favor. And that you are young and the looks of your avator your a pretty good sized fellow. your size and your youth will help you heal awhole lot quicker than us old folks can. You'll still be in my prayers.Just do what the doctor and your mother says. You'll be ok but May take awhile. Think I'd forget the football (least for this year). hang in there.

12. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Ice, Ice, Ice, and then Ice some more 20 mins every two hours. Put your Ice in a plastic bag and then put the bag on your skin for twenty Min.

You can also do ankle pumps to keep the fluid moving around. Just pump your ankle like your pumping on the gas of a car 3 sets of ten 3 times a day.

Also do not put a pillow under your knee if will feel better but will let the hamstrings contract and trust me you dont want that. Its better to keep the Hamstrings stretched by putting something under your ankle and letting the underside of your knee hang free. This will hurt esp. when you have the Ice on it but it will keep you from alot of pain in the end.

Just because your knee is swollen doesnt mean that you torn a ligament. There could be alot of reasons for your knee to swell like that. An x-ray is not going to show a torn ligament and it is very hard to tell even with a knee exam while it hurts so much what the damage is.

Straight leg raises wouldnt hurt. You do this by pulling your foot or big toe as far back as you can get it and then locking your knee so it doesnt bend and lifting it 6 inches hold it for 5 secs and then do it again. 3x10 x3.

you should also try and bend your knee as far as the pain will allow you to bend. 3x10 x 3.

Disclamer: I am not a doctor but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn express last night.

Follow what the Ortho Doc tells you to do and if you have to do Physical Therapy stick right to the program and tell them when you are ready to progress to bigger and harder exercises. It will serve you well in the end if you follow what they tell you and dont quit just because you are starting to feel better. You are a young man and those knees have to last you for a while.

13. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    SSG Johnson:
    Good advice! I also have my patients use some type of compression (stockinette, ACE wrap, etc.), but do NOT sleep with a wrap on the knee. The x-ray will be pretty much useless, except for an avulsion, but that is quite rare. The MRI will detect any damage to the meniscus, ligaments, or articular cartilage. Good luck with ortho exam and do exactly what the MD says!