Hurricane Rita Pics

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by scout, Oct 3, 2005.

1. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Here are a few pics of the damage from Hurricane Rita. The pics of the building is where I work. The pic of the shrimp boat is at the landing I use to land my boat.

Attached Files:

2. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    A few more pics of Rita damage.

Attached Files:

3. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sorry but it would not let me download any more pics.

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Ya'll sure have a mess to clean up.

5. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sure do Bob. What a mess lol. :crying:

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Scout, sure hate to see all the damage, How did your home fair? :confused:

7. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Top the house got only minor damage. We have alot of friends and family that lost it all. My workplace was damaged by 7 feet of salt water and is quickly becoming a bio-hazard. The area where I fish is polluted so bad from the storm it will be a while before I will be able to go fishing. With all this cool weather I am really wanting to go to the marsh. For the present time I am working out of our parent company in Lafayette at the airport. It is real nice but I sure do miss our base :sad: . Talk to you later.

8. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Scout I feel your pain. I didn't have any damage to the main part of my house from Katrina, except for the some windows knocked out by trees. Had to throw out some furniture that got rained on. I lost my carport and shed, which had a lot of our stuff in there that was ruined. I walked around the yard and down the street looking for my porch, but I never found it. Any of it. As for my office, it was about 3 blocks off the beach, and had about 4 feet of water in it. I think they're going to demolish the building. Looked a lot like the building in your pictures.