Hurricane Ike

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by bud1110, Sep 13, 2008.

1. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Folks Hurricane Ike has came to Lufkin with a vengeance. Trees down everywhere. My next door neighbor just lost the roof off two of his mobile homes. A huge tree fell on the one he and his wife were in. Several of us worked to get the tree off his roof, but that mobile home is a loss.

Almost everyone in Lufkin is without power due to the massive amount of trees falling. I was trying to type a message earlier this morning but before I could hit the post button, the power went out.

This is the worst Storm to hit our area ever. I finally broke out the Generator awhile ago and hooked up as many appliances as It will hold. We in Texas, NEED your prayers badly.. The eye of the storm has finally moved out of our area but the winds and rain still remain.

So far My Home has been spared from major damage, and I pray that it survives the rest of this Hurricane. Many Folks around me have severe Damage..

This is just an update as to whats going on in East Texas..

Thanks for your prayers..

Bud

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Bud our prayers are sent your way and for everyone affected by Ike.

Tom

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Prayers to everyone effected by this storm. The rain is just making it's way here but callin for HEAVY rain and strong winds.

4. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Will be praying for you guys. Yall got the worst of it. Lots of rain and maybe a tornado or so headed our way.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thoughts and prayers sent to everyone down south of us. Lots of wind damage from what I have seen with millions out of power. It's now headed our way but the main thing left for us to deal with is up to 10 inches of rain in the Fort Smith Arkansas area.

6. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Just talked to my wife again,about the tenth time today and she said the wind is really kicking up and they lost power a little while ago. I'm at work 250 miles inside the Artic circle in Prudhoe Bay Alaska, trying to keep ya'll in gasoline.LOL. Anyway she is allright. She's pretty tough, she has put up with me for 35 years.

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Well the Storm has passed through my area and heading north. This Storm is so wide it covers many square miles. I pray that it calms down some before hitting you Folks. It looks like a War Zone around here. Trees and brush everywhere.

Tin roofs laying all over the place, insulation and siding and who knows what all is scattered everywhere. It looks like when a Tornado comes through.. My Home somehow made it through without any major damage..Praise the LORD.

I feel sorry for all the ones that got hit hard today. Thank you all for the prayers and may the good LORD bless you...

Bud

8. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
  9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Prayers from So.Alabama

10. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Prayers from Missouri sent your way.

11. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Prayers to all that will encounter this monster. I have a friend in La and she evacuated a couple of days or so ago and said that it's really been bad :angry:

We are getting the winds and rain but nothing like you guys are suffering, and I do worry for you.

12. mistynadam

mistynadam New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thoughts and prayers for everyone affected by the hurricane

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thoughts and Prayers for all affected by this Hurricane. Ike has had far reaching affects. It reaches Southern Illinois in the early morning causing lots of destruction and power outage wit approx 50-60mph of gust.

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bud, I don't know how we missed this thread, but we have been looking to see if you were online. We tried to call you but couldn't get through on Saturday. Thank the Lord you and Bobbie are alright, God sure answered our prayers.

15. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Prayers and good thoughts from NC.
    I used to live 70 miles from the coast and experienced a hurricane's wrath from HUGO. I cut wood for 3 straight months with house damage also. It took me two weeks to cut enough wood to get my truck out of garage.
    Alot of people got worse than me. I was thinking this morning as I drove to work that there are people with no home and suddenly with no job.
    My heart goes out to them.
    Lindsay

16. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    My prayers are with you, Bud. It's amazing that things weren't worse, but I'm not sure that we have even seen all of the destruction revealed yet.

17. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Well after 6 days and nights they finally got my power back on. Running my generator got mighty expensive with the price of gas now days..

I'm just blessed to have a generator, as there were so many here that didn't. GOD works in mysterious ways.. My heart goes out to those less fortunate than me. Some had major damage and some lost everything.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers as I know that GOD heard them, and kept us safe from the storm.. Now it's just putting all the pieces back together again...

This was a storm for the record books I'm sure, at least it was for us..

Thanks everyone...

Bud