Hurricane Ike Shows Up at Tawakoni

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fatfreddy, Sep 14, 2008.

1. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    This is pics at 1:30 pm winds @ 35mph . Pics taken near Dam.

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      24.7 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      20 KB
      Views:
  2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Though I'm in Virginia my eyes have been glued to the news, my thoughts are with everybody in Texas.

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    The waves at the 2 mile bridge were huge also. I wanted to try my luck Sunday, but I had to help a friend of mine cut up a big hackberry that fell on his barn. How did everyone fare through the storms Saturday?

4. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I fished Lavon sunday. The waves there were still big and burly as hell. Shad were scarce,but got a few,and a 5 pound blue. I thought about Tawakoni,but didn't have the time to go. I'll be there this weekend though.

5. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    In McKinney, we had some high wind and some hard rain, but nothing sustained, and nothing over maybe 30-35 mph... It's amazing what a difference 40 miles made on Saturday...

6. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    I just bought the Cove Marina on Lake Livingston and moved last month. What a time it has been. Just getting settled in and about to go fishing for the first time and then Ike showes up. We are in Walker county and it tore things up around here. Although we had no real damage to our property, other folks here were not so lucky. Trees down on houses, cars, people. The works. They are saying that we will be without power for about 4 weeks if we are lucky. 8 to 10 on the other side of the coin. Thank goodness we have a good generator. The people here are really pulling together and helping each other. What a nice change from were I left. "Lets not go there. Be nice"
    The crappie are beginning to move into the creeks and some nice stinger are showing up. Catfish have been slow but now that the river is moving we expect to start seeing some good catches. There has been a few cought on trot lines in the river next to the bank.
    Wife says I have to go back to work now. Tree limbs to clean up. Hope everyone else from this area gets through this without much more hardship. Later.

7. Fat Fred's Bro

Fat Fred's Bro New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like Crystal Beach on a calm day