Hurgus Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigcatman, Mar 25, 2006.

1. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    has anyone fished this lake just outside of circleville that could tell me were some good fishing spots are i have one but all i catch is small 1 to 2 lbs. channels if u have any can u tell me about them.

2. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    I grew up fishing that lake, and other than the one 6 pounder I caught, I never caught much over the 2 pound mark. It's been a while, but I always like the coves on the "back side" you can launch either at the marina, in which case I would head straight across the lake and then follow the shore around to the right until you get into some good looking coves. If I remember right, around the island there are a cover or two where they are pretty shallower flats, but much deeper around the islands. It has been a long time though. If I were you looking for cats around circleville I wouldn't waste my time in Hargus. I'd drive out 104 and find some spots either on the Darby or Scioto.

3. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    hey thx for telling me that but i have been fishing tourneys there so ya and i cant catch anything bigger then 2 lbs. myself

4. TEAYSWRESTLER

TEAYSWRESTLER New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I have fished Darby quite a few times but not much luck I would rather go to the scioto and have a better chance of catching a bigger one.

5. TEAYSWRESTLER

TEAYSWRESTLER New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Hey Jimmy if ya wany a profile pic let me know give me a pic and I can resize it for ya and send it to ya in an e-mail and ya can put it on man.

6. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    I thought Hargus was only good for Bass fishing. I have never seen a cat over a lb pulled out of there.

7. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    thats about the average ive pulled an 2.5lbs one so ya but i cant get any bass to bite there either

8. dandaman

dandaman New Member

State:
    columbus, ohio
    I haven't seen anything big come out of there in a long time. I remember when they drained the lake more than 15 years ago but the fishing hasn't been the same since.