Hunting

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anyone know of good place to bowhunt around nashville I used to have a couple of farms I could hunt in whitehouse but they are covered in houses now and I have nowhere to hunt I love bowhunting and I have only been able to get out twice this year. Any suggestions would be great.

2. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I would suggest Fort Campbell KY. They accept both KY and TN licensed. You will need a hunters safety card from any state and be required to purchase a post permit for a cost of 20 dollars. On average they kill between 900 and 1000 deer annually. They have a call in system to reserve a hunting area. I have a ttached a link so you can check out some of the deer that come from there. Also all these deer are bonus deer and do no count towards your regular licensed.
    http://www.fortcampbellmwr.com/Recreation/HuntingFishing/

If I can help you out with anything else about hunting there let me know I have hunted there for 15 plus years

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks I have heard they had some nice racks running around there, but I was told it was such a pain to get in there and hunt that I put off trying to get a permit.

4. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    we live a mile or so from there and used to hunt it faithfully , is easy to get a unit , especially now that soldiers are deploying .My son took a huge 10 and 12 off there ..follow their laws as they don't give 2nd chances , just tickets and suspensions.If you are bowhunting , and are good at it , there is no reason you souldn't bag 2 in 1st day. for guns it is shotgun or muzzleloader only

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I love bowhunting and I am going to go try it out then.I would love somewhere I can go all the time, is it easier to hunt during the week or are there a lot of soldiers hunting during the week. I am self employed so I can get out during the week.

6. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Hey, Ft. Campbell is a very good area to hunt. I hunt it every weekend right now and on monday's also, before we head over seas. Hunting on Ft. Campbell is open on M,T,F,S,S. They don't allow hunting on Tuesdays and Wednesday. Hope this helps. Any ?'s ask. Enjoy.