Hunting

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by PaCatfishHunter, Nov 30, 2009.

1. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Went out hunting this morning on the first day of rifle. Weather sucked. It rained hard all morning and then turned to snow (did not mind the snow but hate the rain). Saw a few hunters but heard no shot all morning. You almost have to step on them to get them moving. May try to go out later today or tomorrow.

For people wondering I hunted 2C

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    my uncle shot a 60 pound coyote chasing a doe.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    same here in my area..southwestern pa....not many shots at all...only one 8 point that i know of was taken in the area that i hunt..weather sure had an affect early in the day..and i would bet that most gave up by noon after getting soaked

4. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Good luck to all that partake in the hunt.

Ray

5. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Guy I lived with last year shot an 11 point with an 18" spread. Said he was out of the woods by 8am. I am not a hunter so I don't know the exact zone, but he was taken somewhere near the Carlisle area (between Harrisburgh and Shippensburg. That makes three years in a row he has shot a monster buck. Got a 10pt 22" spread last year.

6. Deftik

Deftik New Member

State:
    Pa
    College professors dumped tons of work on me due for monday so I wasn't able to make it out. Only one person shot a deer that I know of in my area. A 6 pointer. I'll be out Thurs,Fri,Saturday and some days next week I'll let you know how it goes.

7. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thats awesome! If I hunted I would target coyotes and Fox.

8. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I missed a nice 6 pt.:sad2: I will post the story later.

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    saw some pics of my uncles coyote. he's 5'10" and he was holding it up by the back paws and they were at mid cheek level and its nose was touching the ground.

10. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That's a huge coyote there. You could win first place in any coyote hunt with that.

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm heading out Saturday. Doe come in my area 2D. It is Buck only with 4 pts on one side for now.

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    BE CAREFUL!

I heard on the radio yesterday going to work that there already has been 7 injuries to PA deer hunters and 4 of them are self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

13. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    this might piss some of yinz off, but my thought on that is. if you walk around with your finger on the trigger and safty off, then you should get shot. some times it best to learn the hard way. good luck too my hunting bro's...pack that frigd full:smile2:..lol...tight lines and aim small..justin

14. Where's the hunting story bro?:big_smile:

15. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    DAY 1,first light, a cow horn spike passed me at 50 yards.11:00am nice 8 point passed me at 15 yards,he was only a year n a half old so i let him go.I didn't see anything for the rest of the day.DAY 2,Nobody saw anything. DAY 3,My brother and I put drives on for my dad.We covered hundreds of acres,(SGL)pushing out the thickest of thickets,swamps,laurels.....everything.....BOOM!!!!! It finally allll came together,we put a very nice 8 point right in his lap. Half a mile drag up a mountain WOW. DAY 4, I hunted from dark to about 5 minutes from legal shooting time.Why not the last 5 minutes? I heard my brother shoot and I started running hahaa....so I meet up wit him,he says,its not the 10 but its nice(trail cam)well it turned out to be a 7 pointer,4 very nice tines on one side and 3 little stubs on the other.The biggest body I've every seen in person,well over 200lb.for sure. DAY 5, I hunt all morning with out seeing a tail.......so i come back to camp for lunch and everyone is packing.I says yous leaving....yeah gotta go,ok well I'm staying,,,, heres the key, shut the propane off and lock the gate....where you hunting tonight? I'm going to sit in YOUR tree stand(brothers) and shoot that 10 pointer!,byyyyyebyyyye.HAHAHHAHA MAN I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER.HAHAHAH pics coming soon

16. grouse & britt

grouse & britt New Member

State:
    Pa.
    well ive been absent for a while from the BOC :eek:oooh: & been hunting all fall,
    taged out during archery :cool2: & spent the first few days of rifel season mentoring My nephew ( he harvested a doe in 5c}:wink: beeen spending the rest of the time running the bird dogs:big_smile: & wareing the soles off My boots
    did make it out for bear & saw one out around the 300 yrd mark but no safe shot was avaliable :angry::embarassed:

hunting with chris& jackson 009.jpg

RGS Shoot 024.jpg

RGS Shoot 016.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  17. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Good stuff bro. I hunt 5c most of the time. I might be back at it on Sat.

18. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    Heres some meat pole pics,still waiting on the good ones....

Attached Files:

19. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    It's a shame that the one brow tine is broken off that monster buck there. It is a beautiful trophy deer. Congratulations.

Ray