Hunting Terrier

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by Ace, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I was feeding my hunting dogs monday after work.I smelled something dead close by.I looked in the dog house and saw all the pine shaving piled in the corner.I got my hoe and raked the shaving out.There was a good size Raccoon that Ready my German Hunting Terrier had killed and put in his house.
    Check out the pics.

:what:

:cat:

Attached Files:

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thats one tough pup, how big was the coon? For any dog of that size to tackle a coon it has to be one of two things either really stupid or really brave, I am gonna go with the second option for your dog!

Aaron

TA2D

3. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    And the dog didn't have a scratch on em?????? I smell a fish story here..........

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Make sure he is up on his Rabies shot.It is getting to be that time of the year.Great dog.peewee-williams

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Ain't no fish story, is it..... I've got 2 german terriers of a different breed & I got them to kill coons. They're bad little dudes, even though they're only 6 months. We'll find out soon how bad they are, cause they're gonna start on coons pretty quick. I've already figured out that they will try to kill just about anything that will try to escape from them, such as cats rabbits skunks, etc.

Jagdterriers are no joke. Ready is a born hunting dog and looks to be a good one. These little dogs are a lot of fun. Nice lookin' pup!!!!

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hunting dogs are trained to not ever kill.

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Oops. what the heck?

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Sorry, my spacebar was submitting my post???? weird.

9. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    These dogs are bred to go to the ground and get after their game. They're not bred to flush animals out of the ground, like a foxhound. Jagdterriers, Patterdales and some of the other small german breeds are killers, and darn good ones. Some of them can be trained (in certain instances) to pull game from the ground, but with these type of dogs, it's pretty difficult to do. They're huntin' machines and if something goes to the ground, these types of dogs will be after them, and something's not gonna come out of that hole alive.

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    That will be the last food that coon steals. I have 2 rat terriers and one of them killed a possum when it was pretty young so I named him possum great squirrel dog.

11. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Check out this link this is where I have Ready my Jagdterrier registered .

http://knitehunt.homestead.com/

Check out these links on the History of the German Jagdterrier .

http://knitehunt.homestead.com/YuriRulinarticle.html

http://en.all-terriers.info/article55.html

:0010:

:cat:

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I think Ace has done snuck in a camouflage German Pit Bull on us here.peewee-williams

13. I would keep a watchful eye on those pups and what they start bringing home. You never know one day when they grow up they could be bringing home something bigger.

14. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What do you mean by that? I guess you haven't ever heard of coyote hunting with dogs......they are trained to kill the coyote or fox if they are lucky enough to outsmart them.

15. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    What a great looking dog. I have to admit; I learned something tonight--so it's NOT a total waste of time to sit here for hours! Haha!! I've never heard of this breed before. I went to that kennel link & looked at the pups, as well as the grown ones. Really handsome dogs. We have 3 rat terriers; I love the terrier personality, although sometimes they can "wear you out"! We also have a redtick coonhound--he's an adorable,sweet knucklehead!
    Thanks Ace, for this. I really do like the looks of that dog!!

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Great dog, Ace! Thanks for sharing the story and pics. My chihuaha is the same colors. He thinks he's a kid. Don't they all?

He loves to go fishin', ridin', visitin' work or Mom's, and is a great little companion. Here's his pic.

17. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

yep Peewee is right as usaual, I think there have been 8 are 9 reported cases of rabies here in Chatham County , NC already this year, more in surronding counties.

18. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Trying to talk the misses into one of these
    [​IMG]
    dogue bordeaux I think is how you spell it. right now we have a black lab and a mutt.

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

What kind of cross is it? Wish you luck on the purchase and working it out with the other half.

20. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

They are also called a French Mastiff. I have had one many years ago and I loved him"Bruiser" was a good dog. In their long history they have been war dogs, flock gaurdians and gladiator dogs fighting bulls, bears, dogs and lions. They are extremly loyal to family, very protective of all children and fearless of strangers and intruders. A very effective security system to say the least. They need to be socialized from a very early age on are they can be overly agressive with other dogs and the "master" has to be dominate are the dog could turn on him/her. Like I said I have had experience with these pups and they are strong and smart. Early obedience is key.