Hunting results from this weekend...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CatfishHateMe, Nov 26, 2006.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    no buck for me... still didnt see him. saw a few i coulda shot but i have my mind set on that one buck i saw. my dad got a nice one, but he only saw one side of the rack and it was missing the other side. i herd him shoot then immediatly herd a deer crashing through the woods and then followed by a splash i knew we were in for a treat after that... i then said some words that i probably should not type on here. i walked over to find a very large bodied buck in about a 2 1/2 foot part of the creek. he was trying to get up and run but my dad had put a nice shot into him so he couldnt get all the way up. so i took him out with a shot to the vitals(i wasnt about to sit and watch him suffer like that). then we had one heck of a time pulling him out and over thick fallen trees, rocks, and everything else. well he was a very nice deer, just a shame he didnt have the other side of the rack. woulda prolly been a nice 8 if he did. heres one of the pictures, i might get one with me in it posted when we get them back.

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    didnt post the pic:embarassed:

Attached Files:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    tell your dad congrats on the buck looks nice if i ever got one with only one side id prob. get it mounted if for nothing else the conversation starter

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Congrats to your dad Jayson. Sounds like you're getting some great experiences to remember. There's still plenty of time. Luck to you fella.

5. Switchback XT

Switchback XT New Member

State:
    MS
    Congrats to your old man, and good call on the finishing shot.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    sounds like you aLL HAD A FUN WEEK END thanks for sharing the pics

7. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    nice buck even if is just one side.....