hunting place

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by catoon, Sep 24, 2009.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i have a place to hunt at my new home here in whiteville tn its 150 yards behind my home on power lines many large deer

2. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    That is great, you are lucky! I have to drive 20 minutes to my land, you can just walk out the door or the just open a window. Good luck hope you tag a big one:big_smile:

3. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It's a forty minute drive to where I hunt, then I have to unload the four wheeler and go almost a mile over steep, rocky terrain just to get to the point where I get off the four wheeler and walk about twenty minutes. But I'm not complaining, I'm just glad to have a place to hunt to myself. I figure the harder it is to get to, the harder it will be for people to trespass and steal my stands or poach.

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    You guys are lucky, I'll be drivin 2000 miles to pick up my partner, then drivin 6 hours to where we hunt. Then I walk a couple miles into the woods.

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i walk out my front door and i'm there,:smile2:

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    One lease we hunt is about 50 miles south of us; that's where our main camp is. The other lease we hunt occasionally is about 30 miles east of us. When we get tired of one, or just don't have that much time we got to the one to the east. When we spend the weekend, we go south!

7. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Man, yall are lucky. My house to the camp house 172 miles. But it is
    worth it to me, its a complete different world.

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have National Forest 9 miles away, but it is really hard hunting there, very steep high mountains and far less deer per square mile then the farm land. I have a couple friends who's farms I hunt in Big Island, but it's about an hour away. My knees have gotten old on me so now I mostly hunt the farms. It's not really "deer hunting" the way I like to do it, it's more like "deer shooting" since I almost always get a shot when I go there.

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia

And the problem is?:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia

I guess some wouldn't consider it a problem, but I feel like I'm cheating when I can go and sit in an old calf stall and shoot 2,3,4,5 deer, and sometimes a Turkey, in the first hour of daylight! I even got a Hermaphrodite Whitetail the season before last. :wink::smile2:

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Out the back door literally.
    Out the front door literally.
    Out the laundry room door literally.
    And out any window inbetween...literally.

Buck fights in the front yard on Friday nights,:wink:

12. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    i have to drive 40 minutes then hop on the wheeler for about a 5 minute ride and then walk about another 5 minutes.this is the first year i had a wheeler to use so before now it was about 20-25 minute walk which wasn't that bad.I'm just glad i have a place fairly close to hunt and the best part is it's basically free,i don't have to but i always cut my uncles neighbor a truckload of wood and deliver and stack it for her.she has 280 acres which i hunt roughly 1/2 of it and my uncle has 20 acres that i hunt on also.

13. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I have hunting within a mile of home but its small parcels and hunted pretty hard. 70 miles away I own 40 acres with national forest on three sides. That where I do most of my hunting.

14. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    It is wonderful to hear you guys enjoying your hunting & places to hunt. Please don't take it for granted, I don't have a place anymore. My marriage went south while I was in Iraq, had to sell my home & 30 acre woodland. Got hurt in Iraq and it is hard/painful to walk at times. I lived for bowhunting before I got hurt and lost it all. Please enjoy what you have. Someday I hope to get back to the way I was... I have a very supportive GF now and she is the best. She has helped to get into catfishing and it has really lifted my life. I love getting outside to enjoy hunting/fishing and she is helping me alot! Life is good and gettin better...:wink: