Hunting or Fishing ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by zeboman, Aug 11, 2008.

Which would you rather do ?

1. Hunting

2. Fishing

3. Neither

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I was wondering which activity our members enjoyed most.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Zeeb I live in Iowa love both but hate winter so I had to go with fishing......I do like to hunt to though!:cool2:

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Kenny I think there are more people in the BOC who like fishing but we`ll see.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am not so sure bout all of that its gonna be interesting and I want to see to:wink:

5. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Fishing for me. I am not a cold weather person...

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`d rather hunt !!!

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    5-10 years ago I would have said hunting hands down, but now I'd give the edge back towards fishing...

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    No doubt for me, I'd rather go fishin', even in the wintertime.

9. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    I have to go with HUNTING.

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Dan, my poor brain damaged friend, you come to the worlds best catFISH board and ask a question like that???:eek:oooh:

slow down on the medication buddy:wink::smile2:

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm with Mike. 10 years ago I was a hunter.About this time of the year till feb I was hunting.Now my bones have set up.The last time I was in a tree stand I thought i was going to have to call the rescue squad to get me out of that dang tree.I can sit in a boat or on the bank and if I cant stand up I fish longer.I say fishing.
    smokey

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`ll slow down on the meds if you stop licking windows !!!! LMAO !!!! [​IMG]

13. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Don't get me wrong I will do my fair share of hunting, but I'm not too much on the cold weather. I love to be out there fishing, ecspecially in the warmer weather.

14. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    yea that's what i say but i'm from Colorado . i just fish in the summer .

15. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I don't know nothing about hunting. I ain't got no problem with it as some of my friends are hunters. I just can't hunt worth anything. I'm much better at fishing, I guess cause it don't take much, just a little patience, a little common sense, and really you don't need the most expensive equipment out there.

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have to admit,I hunt way more than I fish,I guess its because like the ants,I gotta work all summer. I do fish in winter tho.

17. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    catfish or coyotes?? Screaming reel or screeming rabbit?? I will take a set of varmint eyes coming in to my call over my rod bending over any cool night of the week if the winds not blowing and the moons not out.

I do more fishing and calling. I catch more fish than varmints. I guess it is the thrill of the hunt and seeing something coming at you that wants to eat you. A coyote has the best deer in the headlight look than anything i have ever seen when they figure out you are not their supper and the gigs up. I like my kill zone to be 25 yds or less and hopefully I got to watch him come in for a couple hundred yards before their neural network gets disrupted.

I am glad I dont have to pick one.

18. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I didn't vote because for me it depends on what's bittin, ruttin, or struttin. I guess I'd have to say my favorite would depend on the season and weather.

19. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thanks for the post Dan! That's a tough question considering I love to do both alot. But I went with fishing for the fact I do it more and the weather is more favorable. I would have to go 60/40 on this one!!

20. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fishing for sure! For several reasons, but mostly the cold. I can't relax when it's cold. I like to relax. I also like to eat some deer, so I'll go pop one or two off. Can't say that I actually enjoy the activity of hunting nearly as much as fishing. :big_smile: