Hunting new zealand?

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Bayoubear, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    have a chance to go hunting in new zealand. was wondering if any of my BOC family has been hunting there and if the experience justifies REALLY tightening our budget to save for the trip???

2. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Never been... but would love to go... from what I hear the Red Stag hunts are absolutely incredible.!

any hunting adventure is always worth it... (at least in my book) If you can afford it without having to short your childrens college funds or anything drastic.... I would go for it!

Heck.. just eat pb&j for a couple months.. you will have plenty of loot for the trip... lol.. jk...:wink::wink:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Never been ,aint got near the funds . and about the kids collage funds ........WHAT collage funds ,Id'd go huntin an They oughtta have to work for the collage funds :smile2:

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've never hunter there either, but would if I could swing it. Any hunt in another place would be worth pinching pennies for a while as long as the kids don't starve! I'd go for it. If you've got the opportunity, and not knowing what might happen in the future, it might end up being a once in a lifetime memory that you could always cherish! If it's going to be a family trip, then it will be memorable for all.

5. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    On a side note I know that the scenery there is incredible... If I remember correctly the entire "lord of the rings" trilogy was filmed in new zealand.

6. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    the more i think of it the more i want to go. we've gone over our budget and come out at 18 months from now. after that will depend on best time of year to hunt whichever we are going after. i got a picture the other day from kinfolk there that just got a bowkill of a magnificent 11 point whitetail, very impressive but i stick whitetails here... who knows? check back in 18 months and i may have an update of a hunting trip.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'd take the hunt. The kids are too smart these days anyway! LOL