Hunting Log Computer Programs

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bnorth, Oct 23, 2007.

1. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I recently happened across some software that described itself as a "digital hunting logbook". I thought it sounded kind of cool. Of course, like everything else on the interent, it costs money....please send $24.99 to blah, blah, blah.

So I've been entertaining the idea of building a database in Microsoft Access to track sightings & kills, with data showing weather, time, location, moon phase etc. It would be searchable to return sorted information comparing relevant information. (e.g. Location and # of Bucks seen before 9am with a NW wind)

If you were to use a program like this, what kind of features would you find useful?

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It would be very helpful to know which tree to be in to kill a monster buck! LOL If you can do that, could you also provide the winning Lotto numbers?

3. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Not only do I want to know which tree to be in to kill that world class buck I want to know the exact time he will come by so I don't have to spend unecassary time waiting on him. Make it easy for us old folks to comprehend.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ha, Ha, Ha!!! I've learned patience somewhere in the last 30+ years of bow hunting,Alan. If I know which tree and which day, I'll wait him out! LOL I've often wondered how to map the area I hunt, mark all the sign and sightings over the years, and see if it would point to place with the highest possible chance of getting a good buck, or consistently getting deer. We have 2,500,000 acres of National Forest here. It would be real nice to be able to narrow it down some.

5. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i can't think of anything else to add to it. sounds like something i'd tinker with..

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    The only thing I could think of would be 1. Rut Phase 2. where the deer are at certain times( ie..saw 4 deer on ridge top feeding on acorns at 10:00am) Post the results after a while I would like to see them.