Hunting in town

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jeffw51, Sep 18, 2007.

1. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    its the places that no one thinks of that hold the big bucks.i am seeing more big bucks in the city than ever last year while i was jogging i ran into a giant 12 pointer in november ,he was walking down the concrete path looking for does during rush hour traffic nearby,he walked by me within 20 feet.a couple of years back i was passing an apartment complex directly across the street feeding in the apartment flood lights were three huge bucks together, two of them were boone and crocket candidates.i could sit here and fill pages about these bucks in town, i look for them every day on my way to work and back,there are so many untouched little pockets out there full of deer!

2. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    Man I know what you are talking about. Hear in Columbus they are all over the place. I have seen a big 12pt in New Albany. A BIG OL THING up off high st. and about 5 or 6 good size ones in Hilliard. The bad thing is they just stand there looking at you. I hope to find a big one in the woods to do that.

3. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    This year NC opened city limits to bowhunting due to the number of car-deer encounters. It has become a serious problem here. I believe you have to hunt on private land with permission. I'm sure there will be some nice deer taken in town this year.

4. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I haven't seen any bucks it town but I have seen a few does. The construction going on all over the area is pushing them into the parks in town. People start feeding them on the side of the road and this is creating problems with deer not being afraid of us or cars. I had a doe cross the road infront of my truck. Luckily I saw her and her yearling. She walked across the road with my truck less than 20yds from her. I have a LOUD truck and she didn't even look. The yearling did and waited for a minute. So I stopped traffic until it crossed.

5. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Never thought I'd hear of the legality of hunting in town... I mean, actual city limits. I remember when I was a kid, shooting squirrels and birds with a bb gun and thought I was such a rebel for breaking the law. Now I keep it stricty for neighboring kids and family members...

-Red

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I hunt a local park here just 5 minutes from home. I have to get a special archery only permit from the local police dept to do it, but its free. I spent 3 years chasing a monster buck. last year I didnt see him. I think a poacher got him since someone dumped a cleaned carcass off along the road in the park(they have that problem in this park paoching that is).

7. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I am guessing you are in kc or St.looey. I have friends that work in kc they come home telling about all sorts of monster bucks hanging out in the concrete zoo

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Theyre running out of places to go.

9. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    jessie i live in parkville a suberb of kc, one year this may sound crazy but i saw twelve bucks that i believe would score 150 or better within a mile of my house,i even made sure i wasnt seeing the same buck twice by looking at antler characters points body size,they were all different bucks.

10. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    My ex son in law bow killed a huge 9 point buck in a small wooded area just off the number nine hole fairway of a golf course that sits right in the middle of a city. He stated that he had seen larger bucks there but could ot get a shot.

11. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    We have a Doe only early archery season in several Virginia towns. The season opened up in Lynchburg a week ago. Its hard to pass up on the big boys but the law is the law. We can shoot bucks during the normal seasons. After all the regular seasons go out. Its does only, (anterless) until March sometime. Man they hate deer around here. Anyway my brother and I both got does on Monday. Already fixed a pot roast.

Attached Files:

12. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Yea it won't be long til they're hanging us in the freezers. You better stock up on those emergency supplies.

Did a tour at the Pentagon when I was in the military and watched one run across the parking lot. Had to cross several large highways to get there. The local police tried to corner it to keep it away from the interstate and the dang thing jumped off a high wall and killed itself. I think it was one of those suicide bombers.

13. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    what is it about huge bucks and golf courses?