Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about going out to hunt some flattys tomorow from shore. I see the weather is going to be a bit on the cool side though. Its it worth a shot, or do you think this weather will have too much of a negative affect on the kitties? Keep in mind I have to pick my fishing time wisely because I have a 3 month old at home. There are a few things other things I can do, but I really want to fish. Darn weather! What should I do?

· Registered
224 Posts
Its a normal may for Nebraska wait till fall when all the lake levels go down, that is about the best time to hit all the canals for cats. talking weather wise other wise I would say stay home with the youngster this weekend i tried fishing last weekend after some heavy rain and the bite was off.

· Registered
4,103 Posts
spent moday afternoon and monday evening fishing the canal, then about 130 am I s;ept til 6 am then fished till 430 pm on tuesday. sat fishing through lighting,thunder, heavy downpours,and hour after hour of cold drizzle. Managed a couple channel a couple walleye and one small flattie. the eyes hit a chub and a green sunfish respectively, the flattie hammered a 6 inch long bullhead,and the channels hit a peice of cutbait and a chub each. released a couple channels and some smaller walleye also.

· Registered
224 Posts
yeah you just have to hit them at just the right time when they are moving threw the water system which is why I miss the lakes up around eustis. I had miles of water to fish and could find the fish moving in one of the bends. Oh how I miss the Tri. Walleye white bass every now and then you get some pike too, Plenty of flat heads and good size channels and during irrigation season you hit a lot of crappie when they shut the gates down low. that's the good times to hit the flat heads in the bends too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.