huntin for a huntin spot

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by CountryHart, Oct 19, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Anybody know if theres much public ground in the KC area or east of there a man can camp and rifle hunt along the river. I been lookin at baltimore bottoms or jackass bend on the MODOC web site. I'm lookin for a new spot to camp and hunt the first weekend. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Wish I could help you but I am on the other side of the state.I have the same problem I need a place to gun hunt.Maybe some of the Mo. BOC members should get togther and lease a place some where in the middle of the state so it's half way for east & west.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri

Lets meet in the middle somewhere and declare CAMP!!! I'll find something and reserve the right to haul azz if i don't like it. Bad thing bout these sorta aventures is that if ya'ld stayed home an hunted,,,who knows.:eek:oooh:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Go to page 34 in the 2008 Fall Deer and Turkey booklet. All the areas are shown there. Hope this helps.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    That page and the conservations web page atlas is what i'm going by. The book don't show acreage or land cover, but the atlas does. I've found several places utilizing these 2 tools and i'll find yet another. I got one lil spot it takes an hour ride in a canoe to access from the backside, and it's always paid off.:wink: I'm jus lookin for something new, must be the gypsi in me but i like new stuff.:eek:oooh: I killed one opening day last year that scored 164&change 1/2 mile from the house. I prolly ought to hunt where i'm at but i enjoy seein new ground. Thanks everyone and good luck.

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Baltimore bend is not a bad place to go for Camping and Rifle hunting. Go to the back side and hunt, a lot less people. It is a big place too with, I think, a few thousand acres. Good Luck and have fun

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good news and bad news.:big_smile::confused2::smile2: Good news is i've decided to hunt Truman lake. Looked at the atlas and there seems to be some large areas open. I'll pick up a lake map tomorrow and decide where i should camp. Bad news is that when the locals see ole' whitie easin down the lake, they'll know they have been invaded by a true rednick. I'm bringin a neighbor to help drag meat,skin and cook.:smile2: This can't be a trip like the spring gathering. It's gonna require warm cloths and a sober mind, at least while i'm on the water or carring a rifle.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds like a good time. Dont make him drag to much. :wink:

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I promise not to kill more at one time than he can drag in 2 trips.:smile2:

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    John I hope when you go you have a great trip and get a nice buck. Good luck.

Tom

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good luck John. Let me know where your camping and I will come by.

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I been studying maps and will make a decision in a day or so. Troy get that big feller in the over-alls and come on over. Even if ya don't hunt i'll cook supper and wash it down with canned pork chops.:eek:oooh: Are the corp. camp grounds open during Nov? I see there isn't any camping allowed on the game/fish conservation areas there around the lake.

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I think the corp campgrounds are open year around John.
    Here's what it says for osage bluff anyway.
    The campground will remain open to walk-ins between 10/16 and 4/14; fees are $8/night and are collected at the self-pay station.
    http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/ht/Camping.cfm

14. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    the corp land is great hunting ive personally never deer hunted it i grew up on a farm in warsaw and hunted it mostly , but have friends that do well and see many deer you should have a great time .

ive been on many of the corp land rabbit hunting and seen nice bucks ,scraps,rubs ect , and found a few sheds .

seems more deer in town close to warsaw then out in the boonys lol they all over the place .

good luck i hope you get a biggen

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Seen a couple decent deer this evenin heah at the house. Still got the itch to hunt new ground:eek:oooh:. Been studying and think i'll start around tebo and look around there a bit. not easy to get to where i'm headed, but i for some gawd forsake reason wanted to kill my deer from the very furtherest of the ride i could get:smile2::smile2::smile2: I do look forward to season and wish everone luck.