Hunters safety

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Oct 21, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My daughter ,Katelyn just passed the New Mexico Hunters Safety program. Two long days of videos and questions,Yesterday from 9 am til 7 pm and today from 9 am till 3 pm . She got 100% on theprofiency test and a 98% on the written ,if she had got a 100 on the written she could have been entered into a drawing for an elk hunt for next fall. but she said i dont want to hunt elk anyway i just want to hunt deer an birds with you.

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thats great. tell her congrats.:cool2:
    Enjoy hunting this year. :big_smile:

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    tell her congrats from an old man.its good to see you taking the time to take your girl hunting,reps coming.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    congrats to ya and to her , i hunt with 2 of my boys now my daughter is only 7 so we have afew yr's to wait . i'm hunting right now my oldest boy has a buck tag the season opened yesturday . we've seen some really nice muleys so far but my son says there not big enough , we have until next sun- to fill his tag . anyways congrats to ya and daughter .

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congradulations to yer daughter....Still prety darn good to,Papa can't cry......Besides if she is like my lill one the sun rises and sets around DAD and that is a blessing in itself:wink:

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You seem well versed in the ways of the wild. Experience is a good teacher. I am sure she knows how lucky she has it. Teach her everything and do it well. Very few people can say they have that chance at experience nowadays. When you can't do it anymore or are not around to do it, your legacy to her will continue long after and for perhaps many purposes. John.

Teach her well ya old Duck. Tried to rep ya and it told me to get bent. Will catch ya another time.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It's nice seeing girls getting into the sport of hunting. I've been trying to get my wife interested but I think she'd rather make pets out of game animals. She doesn't mind eating them, she'd just like someone else to kill them for her. LOL

8. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Richard tell that gal congratulations for me.

I get a kick out of seeing the looks on kids faces when they find that they have actually passed the course. What is even better is when a parent takes the course at the same time their kid does. That's when I make the statement...Parents remember your kids are going to try and beat your score and if they do they will never let you live it down. lol

This course is not just for kids it's for everyone. A lot of the Wildlife Reserves require everyone to have passed this course before they are allowed to access the Reserve no matter what your age is.

Ames Plantation where the National Dog Trials are held is one of these places. A few years back the owner of one of the dogs competing was not allowed to partisipate because he hadn't been through the course. Luckily he was allowed to have another person handle his dog so that it could compete.
    All the owner could do was just sit on the side line as a visiter.

Jesse168

9. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You're a good man Richard, keep it up. Don't know if this is the case with you, but I've had three daughters and two granddaughters, no sons. One daughter and one granddaughter loves the outdoors like me but they won't hunt. The granddaughter does like to fish though.

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good job Richard, i hope im around long enough to get my Grand daughter interesting in hunting. Its a good experience for children even if the end up never hunting.