Hunters Helping Farmers

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by bnorth, Jul 2, 2009.

1. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    In case the deer hunters among us didn't know, Indiana DNR has started a new program trying to match up hunters with farmers experiencing deer related crop damage. Hunters fill out an application about seasons to be hunted and up to 2 counties that you'd prefer to hunt. The applications are made available to interested farmers and landowners to setup interviews with potential hunters.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/5452.htm

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Wish KY would do this. I do own land 3.5 hours away would be nice if I had a spot close to home.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    ill check that out Ben,thanks. be nice to deplete a farmers does for him and leave mine be. lol

4. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This is wonderful. I'd been thiking of starting something like this that would get the hunters, farmers, and the insurance companies together but I could never figure out what I needed to do to get started. I'm glad the DNR was thinking the same thing. Access is the biggest problem in IN, not numbers of deer....

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thats sweet! Wish they would do that here in WV.

6. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    That is awesome!!!!! I have been looking for some private ground close to home. It is hard to get permission on private land when you really dont know many people that own land. I filled out the application and printed it out. It was a very easy process. Thanks B.North. :wink:

7. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    Thanks for the info Ben! I filled out the app and hopefully the farmers will get ahold of some of us!

8. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks for the info